Samsung Focus Error Code 801812C1 while updating...

brodskyh

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Trying to upgrade my Samsung Focus on AT&T on my desktop running XP. My phone OS is version 7.0.7004.0 and the driver version is 4.7.965.0 (When I try to upgrade this it says it's up to date). My Zune software is up to date, too. I have tried 3 times now and keep getting stuck on step 6 of 10 with error code 801812C1. I have gone through all the troubleshooting tips (including trying to install FixIt with no problems found and also going through the device manager to upgrade drivers) and have no luck. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you installed windows phone support tools to your pc? I have seen that it has helped a lot of users with updates and make sure you have enough space for backup. You should also close any other apps you have running on your pc. Sorry for all the difficulties Samsung users are having.

a3gill

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue. I'm guessing you have a microSDHC card in there, right?

Remove the card, format the phone, then run the update. It may ruin the card, not sure because I inserted a new one right after update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon