Anybody having push notifications issues?

Miistercoool

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i get this message when trying to allow push notifications for my a game called "Spell it" (kinda like a scrabble game) ok well this is the message i get:

"Cannot initialize a Push Notification channel, you will not receive notifications for this application."

now why the heck am i getting this message?? anybody else having the same or a similar problem? please help. and by the way i have the htc HD7 for t-mobile.

Miistercoool

May 26, 2011
Visit site
push notification issues (please help)

i get this message when trying to allow push notifications for my a game called "Spell it" (kinda like a scrabble game) ok well this is the message i get:

"Cannot initialize a Push Notification channel, you will not receive notifications for this application."

now why the heck am i getting this message?? anybody else having the same or a similar problem? please help. and by the way i have the htc HD7 for t-mobile.

by the way i also posted this in the general discussion...i just thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well since it could possibly be a problem with the HD7..

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep. I don't get any push notifications anymore. ZERO! It has something to do with endpoints not being handled correctly and what not. I'll find the to the thread where "jim" is explaining it. It sucks a big one.

Miistercoool

May 26, 2011
Visit site
what sucks is i have a friend and she also has the HD7 and her notifications work fine and my brother has the Samsung Focus and he doesn't have any problems either and that's so annoying!

VelJharig

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Yup... same problem here. I started having problems after the pre-NoDo update, when I had to remove a bunch of applications to get the update to run on my Focus, and then reinstalled them afterwards (as per an MS knowledgebase article). At the moment, I can't get new apps to open a channel, despite being well within the 15 push apps limit.

There is a good explanation for it, which is a registry issue with certain apps incorrectly adding multiple push entries, but MS doesn't have a fix other than a hard reset right now (which is somewhat unreasonable, as the problem will eventually occur again if you use the same set of un-identified problem apps). I think they need a auto-expire mechanism for push registrations, or something similar.

http://mobilitydigest.com/the-live-...m_campaign=Feed:+FuzeMobility+(Fuze+Mobility)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
what sucks is i have a friend and she also has the HD7 and her notifications work fine and my brother has the Samsung Focus and he doesn't have any problems either and that's so annoying!
What's happened is your phone has accumulated enough left over registry keys to clog things up, regardless of how many push/live tile apps you currently use. Rest assured that your friend and brothers phones will eventually do the same thing, assuming they have a few push/live tile apps installed and occasionally soft reset (or power off), which btw wreaks havoc with your registry keys. If you are dev unlocked I can walk you through a fix. Otherwise a hard reset is the only solution for now. Mango is hopefully going to make this issue a bad memory, but still don't understand why MS couldn't push out a patch for this beforehand. It is very frustrating, especially for developers who can't do anything to correct the issue.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd suggest just biting the bullet and doing a reset to get your tiles back. I did my first over the weekend to get my tiles working again and it wasn't a huge hassle as I thought it would be. All told it probably took 15 min to get accounts setup again and another 1hr or so re-installing programs. I'd suggest just making a list of games/apps before doing anything and be warned you will lose access to some apps totally that have been pulled from the marketplace (groveshark, imagewind, unlimited tagging free shazam to name a few). Also try to only re-install live tile apps that you must have so you can prolong having to deal with again. Like jimski said hopefully Mango will rectify this issue completely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes