Dell Venue Pro working on Verizon?

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Good afternoon everyone,

I currently own a Palm Pre 2 and judging by the way HP has been handling things I see no love coming to this device so I decided to look into a Windows phone and I was quite impressed. I was looking at the DVP and spoke to a Dell representative via online chat and she informed that a DVP Unlocked could be activated on Verizon, but when I searched online for evidence of this I saw no evidence of it. The bands the phone operates on is similar to that of a Verizon phone (my Pre 2 to be more spedific) but not all the specifications are the same. So my question is: can any one confirm that this can be done?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No, it cant. The Dell is GSM and Verizon is CDMA, different wireless technologies completely and it will not work on VZW's network. The dell reps are notorious for knowing absolutely jack and this is another instance, I'm afraid. Your choices for WP7 are go with the Trophy or wait and see what comes in a few months (or more).

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Sigh, I figured as much. I really like the slide out portrait keyboard and I think the Venue is the only one to has that style (as of right now.) Thank you for your quick response. Much appreciated. Maybe I will look at the Trophy and see whether or not I can handle a virtual keyboard.

Thanks so much again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2