samsung focus gprs not connecting itself

xcodezerox

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi Friends,

I am using unlocked AT&T samsung focus, wp-7.5 Mango, os-7.10.7720.68, device version-3.1.07. Chip SOC ver- 0.36.2.0
Sometimes due to network failure the data connection (GPRS) also lost. But gprs it is not conecting itself (automatically). I have to switch off/on the device to get the gprs connection back. Is this problem with device or carrier provider (Airtel, India)?
The device should reconnect itself whenever the connection lost. But it is not, I have to off/on the device.
Do you have any solution for this. I am frusteded because of this. Please help.

Thanks,

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
try taking out and putting sim back in...

try a new sim card

try a hard reset..

are ALL APN settings set up in ur phone? go to your carrier website and search for APN settings ( make sure ALL the fields are filled up in the APN section not just he apn you also need Proxy PORT and Proxy Server!!

xcodezerox

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Tanks for reply Se1fcr3ation !

1. try taking out and putting sim back in... Tried didnot work
2. try a new sim card... Aplied for new sim card
3. try a hard reset.. How to do hard reset? please guide

I have set up apn that is 'airtelgprs.com', going to set port and server.

will update you with the status.

Thanks Again!

novinsab

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem but I am using idea aim card and apn.

I am pretty sure this is an issue wither with atnt firmware of mango or mango itself.

I have forwarded the problem to Microsoft and am awaiting a response.

In case u find a solution please share.

Thanks.

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
this has been happening to me, At first I thought it was airtel and signal strength. Turns out this is an issue with the samsung focus and probably the firmware update through mango. This issue also happens for Omnia 7 as well and few people have posted the same in xda developers. there is a post which says that there would be few manufacturer's update coming up, let's wait and see if that fixes this issue.

c0dezer0

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried everything but not succeed. Can somebody let me know how to contact Samsung for this issue.
At least we should let them know what is the problem. So that they can resolve it or update the firmware asap.

Thanks,

mileshbothara

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Friends,

I am using unlocked AT&T samsung focus, wp-7.5 Mango, os-7.10.7720.68, device version-3.1.07. Chip SOC ver- 0.36.2.0
Sometimes due to network failure the data connection (GPRS) also lost. But gprs it is not conecting itself (automatically). I have to switch off/on the device to get the gprs connection back. Is this problem with device or carrier provider (Airtel, India)?
The device should reconnect itself whenever the connection lost. But it is not, I have to off/on the device.
Do you have any solution for this. I am frusteded because of this. Please help.

Thanks,
APN Settings for Airtel -
APN -MO
User name -
Password -
Proxy server URL - aritelgprs.com
Proxy port -8080

You should be able to access it. I just now cracked this and not I am able to access the internet.

All the best!!!

sandeepnk

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
^^ does not work :(

I am also facing the exact same problem. It does look like issue with Mango firmware.
I am also using Airtel 3G SIM like OP and data connection is not getting connected.
I have also tried all the other solutions suggested, but no help. I am trying to get new SIM card as the one which I am using is really old and has some scratches too.

xcodezerox

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
This is not a netwrork problem niether mango update, wifi is working good only issue with GPRS. I also tried everyhting but no success.
When network restore itself after disconnection why not gprs? I have to trun my phone off the on to get back the gprs connection back.
It is a firmware problem I think. dont know what is the solution, still looking for the solution. I heard that we are going to get some firmware update let see if this update has solution for it. Any pointer to contact samsung?

Thanks,

sahirhussain

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
i have the same problem with my AT&T sim unlocked focus here in jaipur. i use airtel sim and have the 3g services activated. i noticed that when i use the battery saver option the connection goes and comes back only after a soft reset. this along with the fact that i cant tether my internet connection with my other devices is making me thinking about flashing the rogers rom which has the latter option at least and they say it updates the radio too which i think might help with our issue.

sandeepnk

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
^^ If you do that and find that the problem of data connection is solved, please let us know. I will also then proceed with it. I am worried about flashing it as this is my primary phone and only phone. I will need to purchase another phone if I brick it :)

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having this problem. Very bad connection at work, when I get off work it doesn't seem to connect until I reboot it as well.

Anybody have any update? We just waiting on a firmware update?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes