Voice caller Id receiving calls

Jahnsart

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, got the mango upgrade and had a rough go of it trying to get my W7 P.C to recognize my phone...Took several days and finally just created a new account with a new password on the P.C and it connected...Got my custom ringtones installed and I am once again liking the phone....

Only...there is an issue I can't figure out...When I receive calls there is a voice the tells me who is calling...I don't remember setting that up and I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop it...I just want a ring tone, not a voice telling me who it is....Does anyone have any idea how I can turn off this feature? Thanks and I have enjoyed all of the help I have found from, you all, on these boards.

J.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

I used to have a setting in System settings called ease of access but until you mentioned it i no longer have it.

You used to be able to toggle the talking caller id in there as shown on the following web page.

How To Enable Talking Caller ID On Windows Phone 7 Mango | Expected & Official Release Date And Price Tag

What about the speech settings with play audio confirmations on or off ?

Oh and welcome along to WPC Jahnsart.

(You have me curious now why i don't have ease of access settings lol) :)

Jahnsart

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Eureka

Thanks for the response, I found the ease of access and turned the darned thing off. I have to relearn this phone now that the O.S ha changed, so much more functionality and, did I mention, ringtones? I am glad I found this site.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

I used to have a setting in System settings called ease of access but until you mentioned it i no longer have it.

(You have me curious now why i don't have ease of access settings lol) :)

Bear, you should still have it in the same place. I never used it on pre-Mango, but you can still toggle it on and off under ease of access. I don't know what CLI means in the link and the option may have a new name, but the "Speech for phone accessibility" switch will toggle the voice caller ID -among other things, I presume.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon