Pictures taken with your Focus S

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I love the detail this phone is capable of. Even though it compresses the pictures by default, they still retain a lot of the quality.

npyle

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not seeing that quality or level of detail with mine...see some examples I've included. Tried with different light, just taking regularly and also trying with pushing button halfway down to 'focus'...maybe it's my camera? But based upon the examples I've seen so far from others, something doesn't seem quite right with mine.

*EDIT* Btw, I'm just using the default camera settings that came stored on the phone..haven't tried playing with any settings really, besides changing quality from 8mp to 5mp to see if that made any difference.

Last edited:

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not seeing that quality or level of detail with mine...see some examples I've included. Tried with different light, just taking regularly and also trying with pushing button halfway down to 'focus'...maybe it's my camera? But based upon the examples I've seen so far from others, something doesn't seem quite right with mine.

*EDIT* Btw, I'm just using the default camera settings that came stored on the phone..haven't tried playing with any settings really, besides changing quality from 8mp to 5mp to see if that made any difference.

The only thing I have turned on is Antishake, as I spontaneously come down with Parkinson's when I try to take pictures. It looks like you might have a shaky cam effect going on there. Is your flash enabled? Also, make sure there is no smudge on your camera lense. That happened with my HTC phone once and ruined pictures.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Here are a few more that I took when I was testing against my iPhone 4s. Most of these pics came out BETTER on my Focus S than they did on my iPhone 4s.

npyle

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow, those are incredible compared to mine. I really don't think I'm shaking any more than with previous phones--iphone4, pre 2, pre 3, samsung captivate--but I'll try that anti-shaking and be more aware of how much I'm moving the phone.

I've also checked the lense for smudges and have cleaned so will try some more test shots. If I start getting the kinds you are, then I'm totally satisfied...just weird to me that I'm having so much trouble ;o) I'll post some more pics later tonight. Thanks for your suggestions/help.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Wow, those are incredible compared to mine. I really don't think I'm shaking any more than with previous phones--iphone4, pre 2, pre 3, samsung captivate--but I'll try that anti-shaking and be more aware of how much I'm moving the phone.

I've also checked the lense for smudges and have cleaned so will try some more test shots. If I start getting the kinds you are, then I'm totally satisfied...just weird to me that I'm having so much trouble ;o) I'll post some more pics later tonight. Thanks for your suggestions/help.

No problem, dude. Just to be clear: You ARE holding down the shutter halfway to focus, right? Because if that's not it and nothing else is the problem, I would say you got a bad lens and I'd take it back for exchange.

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
gravage, would you be so kind as to attach the iphone 4s versions of those pictures? I'm very torn over what phone to get and camera quality is one of my key features.

How sad is it that I'm deciding on a PHONE for Camera specs/quality? :(

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
gravage, would you be so kind as to attach the iphone 4s versions of those pictures? I'm very torn over what phone to get and camera quality is one of my key features.

How sad is it that I'm deciding on a PHONE for Camera specs/quality? :(

Not sad at all. The camera is on of my primary criteria. It replaces my point and shoot.

I will attach them tonight when I get home. They're on my home computer.

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Not my photos, but I found these on Flickr the other day, the saturation is quite high here in these photos but it shouldn't really be a problem since u can lower it in the camera settings right?
Samsung Focus S sample shot | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Samsung Focus S Sample Photo | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I love the detail this phone is capable of. Even though it compresses the pictures by default, they still retain a lot of the quality.
wow! this is a great picture!

im looking forward to more pictures of this phone.. trying to upgrade to this from my Surround. HTC camera lenses disappoint me..... esp the noise compression..

Depatter

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been playing with the camera and settings all week, but for the most part I am finding that the pictures are really not up to snuff, bordering on poor. I'll grant you I am used to the iPhone 4, which is fantastic in almost any circumstance, but these photos are largely grainy or the saturation is wonky. Being that it is the same hardware as the Galaxy S2 line, which rates up there with the best cameras, do you think Samsung will fix this (I am assuming its software), or do you think because it is a lowly Windows Phone that they will just let it fly? I am really starting to love this phone, but camera quality is close to one of my top criteria in a smartphone. I could still get a Titan, but I am really kind of digging this phone now.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have been playing with the camera and settings all week, but for the most part I am finding that the pictures are really not up to snuff, bordering on poor. I'll grant you I am used to the iPhone 4, which is fantastic in almost any circumstance, but these photos are largely grainy or the saturation is wonky. Being that it is the same hardware as the Galaxy S2 line, which rates up there with the best cameras, do you think Samsung will fix this (I am assuming its software), or do you think because it is a lowly Windows Phone that they will just let it fly? I am really starting to love this phone, but camera quality is close to one of my top criteria in a smartphone. I could still get a Titan, but I am really kind of digging this phone now.

I'm not sure how you're getting such bad picture quality. My photos come out better than my iPhone 4 and some of them even beat my 4s. As to your concern about Samsung support: I have the same concern, as there just doesn't seem to be any support for this phone, not even with regards to selling it. I like the phone, but I'm starting to question my purchase.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Check these out;

WP_000041.jpg
WP_000042.jpg

Before you ask its not my car

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members