Audio interference when changing tracks

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I hook up my phone to my car stereo via an auxillary jack and noticed to my horror that there is a audible pop whenever I change tracks manually, or if the tracks switches automatically. This could easily damage my audio system and is an absolute show stopper.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Is the air really dry where you live, right now?

Is the phone charging at the same time? I've noticed with my original Focus, when it's not plugged into the car charging, I hear interference all the time.

Though what you describe seems more like a DC voltage pop.... probably (just guessing) a result of an internal EQ setting being pushed too far.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't really know about the air, but this certainly does not happen when I connect my iPhone or iPod to the same aux input. It also did not happen with the HTC trophy I had briefly.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone else verify this? This is the kind of bug that is unacceptable. And without some faith that Samsung is ready, willing and responsive to these kinds of issues, I am sort of forced to sit back and watch these kinds of things unfold.

If I had assurance that Samsung was going to be responsive going forward, I would be willing to forgive some bugginess IF I knew it would be addressed soon.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone else verify this? This is the kind of bug that is unacceptable. And without some faith that Samsung is ready, willing and responsive to these kinds of issues, I am sort of forced to sit back and watch these kinds of things unfold.

If I had assurance that Samsung was going to be responsive going forward, I would be willing to forgive some bugginess IF I knew it would be addressed soon.

This is easy to replicate: Plug the phone into an amplified audio system like your car audio or home stereo. Start playing a track using Zune player - you will notice the pop. Then skip to the next track - you will notice the pop. The next test is to let the track finish playing - you will notice the pop before the next track starts.

I will test this again and if the problem persists, will most likely return the phone.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure something in the audio driver needs to be modified but what I'm worried about is how complicated that may be to actually deploy. Hopefully you wouldn't need an entire new ROM...

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I use my Arrive in my car aux port all the time and have never experienced that, with the power plugged in or without

terryda

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. It is not just interference but is a full peak to peak spike and then a less intense spike a second later all through the left channel. This could definitely damage any speakers being driven at high volume. I returned the Focus S for the HD7S. This phone has even more problems. Can you say phone call hiss? Does anyone know if this was fixed with the update to extra settings? I might try and swap back for the Focus S. I'm sure AT&T will love that move.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. It is not just interference but is a full peak to peak spike and then a less intense spike a second later all through the left channel. This could definitely damage any speakers being driven at high volume. I returned the Focus S for the HD7S. This phone has even more problems. Can you say phone call hiss? Does anyone know if this was fixed with the update to extra settings? I might try and swap back for the Focus S. I'm sure AT&T will love that move.

That is what I am experiencing as well, but didn't know how to describe it. "Full peak to peak spike" sounds about right. My phone is being returned this weekend. I will try the Radar and see how that goes.

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
My Focus does this too, I just have to turn the volume way up high to notice it where on the Focus S with the volume set much lower...I notice it. I never noticed on the Focus until I updated to mango though..might be something with the both of the Samsung Focus and Focus S??

But, I have to agree..on the Focus S, they really need to fix this! The original Focus was bearable, but on the Focus S....it's annoying as ****!!!

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If it is connected to any audio system on a line level, you would have the volume at 30/30. So, yeah, it needs to be fixed.

I'm also reading that the quality of the audio output isn't awesome, either. I wonder if that's related.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If it is connected to any audio system on a line level, you would have the volume at 30/30. So, yeah, it needs to be fixed.

I'm also reading that the quality of the audio output isn't awesome, either. I wonder if that's related.

I just got mine last night. Today on the way to work I was thinking the sound was not quite right. I did notice the slight pop between songs, but only because I was listening for it.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Which means it will happen on the Titan? Well, being optimistic, if it is really widespread, it stands a better chance of getting fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss