Windows Phone Vs All Others

Nightprowler1966

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
So far I am very disappointed with the Windows Phone and MicroSoft. I actually like the UI of the phone but I dont understand why MicroSoft is trying So hard to kill it. The support given to the Windows Phone is substandard as in the Droid or IOS. These companies tried to support their phones and did everything imaginable to beef them up and make customers want to own their phones but MicroSoft hasnt lifted a finger to gain support for theirs. A little thing like Flashplayer which runs most of the streaming servers is not avalible to Windows Phones but is avalible to all the other manufactors. They have even stated that they dont have a date when they will support Flashplayer and probably will never support it. Seems with that attitude they want the phone to die. I know this is a vent area and the development team doesnt read these sites, they would rather hide behind their high walls rather than just ask common folk what needs to be changed. I guess when my upgrade comes around I will be changing to a Droid or iOS and let the Windows Phone go to the side as MicroSoft did. If You cant beat em Join em. I almost bet the development team doesnt even own a WP7.:mad:

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Only android has flash support. Also ask a Samsung Galaxy S owner (1 year old phone) when they're getting official ICS. Answer: never. My 1st Gen HD7 is getting Apollo (4th Gen OS) and it has identical spec to the Galaxy.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Samsung galaxy s was released in 2010. It's older than a year. I don't see the big whoop about flash. I haven't noticed any extra functionality. MS still has WP7 as a high priority. Why would you.think that their devs don't.own Wp7 devices.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The galaxy s is almost 2 years old. Flash is only supported on android, but adobe said they are pulling all flash for mobile support anyway so it makes sense that Microsoft wouldn't support it. Flash is an old protocol that will be dead soon.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

Nightprowler1966

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
The galaxy s is almost 2 years old. Flash is only supported on android, but adobe said they are pulling all flash for mobile support anyway so it makes sense that Microsoft wouldn't support it. Flash is an old protocol that will be dead soon.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express
One of the main sites I like to use is XMRadio. You cant listen online because you dont have flashplayer. HBOgo and Maxgo uses flashplayer to watch movies online. So there are reasons why I would like to have flashplayer. It really doesnt look like adobe will be pulling flash anytime soon because the major companies that rely on it. the functionallity of Windows Mobile relying on small programs is why I believe the development team really doesnt own one. If you were given the choice of something that doesnt support everything the web has to offer and something that does which would you choose.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion is you go out tomorrow and get an Android. And when all the sites you can't live without stop using Flash, you can reconsider WP. Shouldn't be too long.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

raremage

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion is you go out tomorrow and get an Android. And when all the sites you can't live without stop using Flash, you can reconsider WP. Shouldn't be too long.

Yep. Perhaps the OP didn't realize it, but mobile flash has been abandoned by Adobe.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
So far I am very disappointed with the Windows Phone and MicroSoft. I actually like the UI of the phone but I dont understand why MicroSoft is trying So hard to kill it. The support given to the Windows Phone is substandard as in the Droid or IOS. These companies tried to support their phones and did everything imaginable to beef them up and make customers want to own their phones but MicroSoft hasnt lifted a finger to gain support for theirs. A little thing like Flashplayer which runs most of the streaming servers is not avalible to Windows Phones but is avalible to all the other manufactors. They have even stated that they dont have a date when they will support Flashplayer and probably will never support it. Seems with that attitude they want the phone to die. I know this is a vent area and the development team doesnt read these sites, they would rather hide behind their high walls rather than just ask common folk what needs to be changed. I guess when my upgrade comes around I will be changing to a Droid or iOS and let the Windows Phone go to the side as MicroSoft did. If You cant beat em Join em. I almost bet the development team doesnt even own a WP7.:mad:

iOS does not support Flash, and Flash is no longer being developed for other mobile devices (i.e. Android, not Droid). Microsoft is actually very much behind WP, it's just going to take some time before it has every single feature and app that the others have. As it is already, it's about 95% complete. There's just some small things that need work, but overall it's an excellent mobile OS.

Nightprowler1966

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
The point I was trying to make is this, Just because something is going out due to some problems isnt a reason to block it for everyone. The major companies that I am most interested in still use Flashplayer and are not going to stop using Flashplayer. The manufactors are using their power to tell us what we use and what we cant use. I like the OS on a Windows Phone better than what is on a Android Phone or iOS phone. I really dont care who uses Flash and Who does not. As far as I am concerned I do not like people making me not use something.
And another thing I come to sites like this to get answers Not to be talked down to. If you want to make this a Flame Thread then others loose due to people trying to make themselves smarter than they are. Simple Direct answers say a lot rather than the tones that others use.:mad:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If flash is important Android is your only option. Apple is selling iPhones without flash as fast as they can make them and Microsoft is probably not going to support flash either. Each platform has its weaknesses, you just have to determine what's more important to you.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Every platform has issues and different features. It's a personal choice and the specific needs of the owner. I switched from a htc rezound to the trophy and yes I lost some features but I gained what I needed. I personally believe windows mobile will become a major contender this year.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Flash uses more resources, and thus causes more battery drain. That is not acceptable for Microsoft and the WP customers they serve. So the industry has developed an alternative that will take time to roll out to all affected links/sites. Microsoft certainly had the capability of adding Flash to WP. They chose not to. I thank them for that. So does my battery.

mud314

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I have used Flash on Android...nothing to write home about even with a duo core processor. There is a reason Flash is dying a slow death. There was nothing wrong w/flash for the time, but there are better and less memory hogs than flash. welcome to HTML5.

PS. Droid is a name brand used by Verizon for a select number of phones. Not all Android phones are Droid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes