Focus S vs Titan, no brained with one exception.

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Focus S vs Titan, no brainer with one exception.

So, first off, this site and forum are awesome! I stumbled upon here while googling and have found all the info I needed, along with a great community to join. Kudos to this place!

Now on to my first post...

Being new to windows phone, I came here to decipher the best phone for my needs. I went to the local ATT store and was immediately in love with the Titan. So, I left with a Titan and was in instant windows phone bliss. Fantastic build quality, amazing OS, really nice screen, awesome Zune playback on the internal speaker, etc. But then I made my first phone calls. No one could hear me clearly. So then I received my first few calls, I couldn't hear anyone clearly! Saddened, I return my titan and got a replacement, unfortunately

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Last edited:

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
The same issues occurred. I wad really bummed because everything else on the titan is fantastic.
Now, on to the focus s.... Here we go again, more issues.
The screen dimming issue was a problem from the the moment I turned it on. Randomly changing brightness, very annoying. Secondly, the typing bug issue. Lag lag lag, have to turn off the click noise to get rid of the lagging while going, also annoying. 3rd issue, build quality, wow is it terrible. It feels like I'm holding a prize from a cereal box.. Very low quality. Finally, the screen, its not nearly as good as the titans, it REALLY isn't in my opinion. Its way over saturated and the blue hue is apparent on any grey or white colors, its hideous ;(.

The only pro the focus s has is call quality, that's it. Everything else, the titan is superior hands down.

I plan to return my focus s once the lumia 900 and titan ii launch. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the titan II though, 4.3 inch screens feel so tiny all the sudden. ;)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

First of all welcome along to WPCentral johnnyfiive. :)

There's been many complaints about the AT&T Titan regarding call quality as you probably have discovered if you read the Titan forum.

I myself have a Titan but it's an unlocked European Titan and have not had a single problem with it at all.

As far as I know the only difference is the firmware, mine is all newer than the AT&T Titan.

When AT&T gets round to updating their Titan all may be well, not sure.

It's a great shame they still haven't gotten around to an update for it.

I have to totally agree with you on the screen, I much prefer the much less saturated natural screen it has.

My previous phone was an Omnia 7 which had Super Amoled, I didn't think it could ever be beaten.

I must admit I do prefer my Titan's screen miles more, not just for the size but the natural look, videos and photos are simply amazing on it. :)

Anyway enough of me ranting on, I just wanted to welcome you along and got carried away as usual. :lol:

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The same issues occurred. I wad really bummed because everything else on the titan is fantastic.
Now, on to the focus s.... Here we go again, more issues.
The screen dimming issue was a problem from the the moment I turned it on. Randomly changing brightness, very annoying. Secondly, the typing bug issue. Lag lag lag, have to turn off the click noise to get rid of the lagging while going, also annoying. 3rd issue, build quality, wow is it terrible. It feels like I'm holding a prize from a cereal box.. Very low quality. Finally, the screen, its not nearly as good as the titans, it REALLY isn't in my opinion. Its way over saturated and the blue hue is apparent on any grey or white colors, its hideous ;(.

The only pro the focus s has is call quality, that's it. Everything else, the titan is superior hands down.

I plan to return my focus s once the lumia 900 and titan ii launch. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the titan II though, 4.3 inch screens feel so tiny all the sudden. ;)

hey buddy , glad your some what liking the OS , seems to have problems with the hardware doh huh :p lol.

just want to mention a few things about the FOCUS S

1. brightness DIM is a easy fix: turn off auto brightness. settings-> brightness -> auto bright OFF. ;) ( AMOLED screens DIm down also when you have BRIGHTS screens like PURE WHITE )

2. as for the build quality , its actually one of the BEST ,, it feels cheap buts its FAR FROM IT , its the phone with one of the fewest hardware issues , the titan for example has horrible quality and tends to break faster( the hardware buttons) ( like allot of people reported ) lol.

3. the screen is better on the focus S then the titan , maybe with the brightness thing you dint know about made you think it was crappy. but the titant IS bigger , so maybe that also made you think it was better?

maybe your gona like the Nokia 900 better :)

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, don't get me wrong Se1f, the Focus S is a nice phone. But when I compare it to the Titan, it just feels and seems so inferior after having used the Titan for three weeks. Everytime I pull the Focus S out of my pocket, I wish it was the Titan...lol.

I can't wait until 3/18, I really hope the Titan II comes out on the same day as the Lumia 900, then I can finally decide once and for all. I'm predicting I will end up with the Titan II, just hope HTC learned from their mistakes on the U.S. released Titan.

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
1. brightness DIM is a easy fix: turn off auto brightness. settings-> brightness -> auto bright OFF. ;) ( AMOLED screens DIm down also when you have BRIGHTS screens like PURE WHITE )

This will disable the light sensor, but what you actually need to do is to disable "Use auto display intensity" under "extra settings" which dims the display on white pages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss