So I might be switching to a Trophy from the Arrive

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The only things that I don't care for on the Trophy are the camera and screen. However, I'm pretty sure they're going to be pretty similar to the one on the Arrive, so maybe it won't be such a big deal.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've never used the Arrive so can't really tell you what the differences are. I would have had to used both to be able to tell you.

I like the Trophy though. I've used Blackberries in the past and feel it's an improvement over them. It took a while to get used to the virtual kb. Now, it's like second nature.
Ultimately, you're the one that will use it. Go find one in a store and try it out. That's the only way you're going to know if you're going to like it or not.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Due to monetary issues we're moving to Verizon(and coverage with Sprint in South Carolina is horrible), so I'm most likely getting the Trophy. Its screen is a little bigger, the device is thinner, and there's no keyboard.

Any other differences? Doesn't seem that much different.

See here: Arrive (CDMA) vs. Trophy (CDMA) | The Verge

The Trophy is a nice phone for what it is. If your coming from the Arrive, besides a little bigger screen and no keyboard. You wont notice any difference in speed, performance, camera quality, etc. The specs are pretty much the same besides the physical things.

If you liked Windows Phone 7 and you can live with out the physical keyboard, you will like the Trophy.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I love mine. I switch back and forth between my BB and Palm Pre Plus. I always look forward to getting back on my Trophy. I don't have any GPS issues or lockups. The camera could be better, but hey, it's on a phone. I love the ease of use. I would assume it would be just like your Arrive.

NDCowpoke

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Trophy a week ago and am very satisfied. I would have like to move to ATT and the Nokia 900, but am grandfathered in on Verizon's unlimited data for $30/month. If I went to ATT I'd have to stop watching Nexflit during down times at work or pay ATT around $100 per month on top of base phone fee.

I had a Motorola Droid X the last 20 months and that was an upgrade from a Palm Treo Pro. I hated the mechanical keyboard on the Treo and much prefer to use a virtual keyboard. The keyboard on the Droid was larger then the one on the Trophy but I'm getting used to it.

What I miss most is Pandora, for me a winner over Slacker.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Trophy a week ago and am very satisfied. I would have like to move to ATT and the Nokia 900, but am grandfathered in on Verizon's unlimited data for $30/month. If I went to ATT I'd have to stop watching Nexflit during down times at work or pay ATT around $100 per month on top of base phone fee.

I had a Motorola Droid X the last 20 months and that was an upgrade from a Palm Treo Pro. I hated the mechanical keyboard on the Treo and much prefer to use a virtual keyboard. The keyboard on the Droid was larger then the one on the Trophy but I'm getting used to it.

There are 3rd party apps for Pandora, one being MetroRadio and I forget the other...but they work great if it's Pandora you want. There's also Last.FM, which some find to be better than Pandora, but I don't really use any of them.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The screen is a little bit better I think. The trophy has gorilla glass and for me it just seems to make things look a little better. I've played with both and if you don't need a physical keyboard then I think you're trading up.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The main issue I have with the Trophy is poor reception. Other than that it's a solid phone. I wouldn't buy one on contract and be locked in for two years with this phone.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I do think it's a little shakier on reception (my primary phone beforehand being the OG Droid) though hard to tell without seeing signal strength in numbers. Probably similar to the Arrive though network differences are a bigger factor I think.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Must be where you live, because I have excellent reception.

I had the original motorola droid prior to the trophy and it was significantly better in call quality and data reception. I can't watch a youtube video at work or home with the Trophy and I did it all the time with my droid.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Take a moment to consider T-Mobile's Monthly 4G plans. They're very affordable and you can pick up a decent HTC HD7 on the cheap from eBay.

Heavy Fluid

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

WPFandora is what I use for Pandora. It's a decent app.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

How do you like your Trophy compared to the Droid X? I'm thinking about switching from my Droid 3 to a Trophy on my company-issued Verizon line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar