Those of you moving to an AT&T LTE plan for the first time beware!

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I activated my Lumia 900 on Friday but had to call to get my account provisioned to an LTE plan. The AT&T rep helped me out BUT either he made a misteke or intentionally put me on a 3GB tiered data plan. I'm a grand fathered unlimited data customer. I didn't pick up on this until Saturday when I logged into my account to see if everything went fine. I called AT&T immediately and they had to file a resolution that had to be approved to get my unlimited data back. He told me that they can't do that immediately on the phone. Today I got a message telling me that my issue was fixed and now I'm back on unlimited data with LTE.

Just keep in mind, if you're on an unlimited data plan they might without you knowing attempt to put you on a tiered data plan.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded at a corporate AT&T store. The salesman who took care of me was the store manager, who knows me. He ensured that my dataplan stayed as the grandfathered unlimited plan.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
One of the guys I play STO with is a AT&T Senior CSR. He called me shortly after he saw my first tweet from the device and helped me set it up. Still have my unlimited LTE.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I always clarify over and again to the point of me annoying them...ATT CSR will screw up a lot, cant assume everything is done correctly.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I always clarify over and again to the point of me annoying them...ATT CSR will screw up a lot, cant assume everything is done correctly.

I always do this as well but for some reason this time I totally forgot to clarify that I have unlimited data. That's why I checked my account the next day and sure enough they put me on a tiered data plan. Just goes to show you need to be on your toes when dealing with these reps.

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This is how my unlimited LTE data with VVM shows up on my account. I had unlimited data before.

INCLUDED FEATURES

The following features are included in your rate plan.

LTE UNL SMT VVMT $30.00
LTE UNL SMT VVMT

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
they did the same thing to me i had to call back after explaining to the rep that i am grandfathered finally i got a guy that explained everything cxl the case and got the manager to do the approval on the spot he explained that some facilities don't have folks that can do the override so they open the case and its still will happen that they just put you on that 3gig until its done.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't AT&T throttle your speeds after you go over a certain amount of data anyway when you have an unlimited plan? They were doing this at least, it was confirmed in a bunch of news stories just a few weeks ago.

If that's the case, I'm really not going to sweat having a 3GB plan, which I will probably never max out anyway and if I did, it's only an extra $10 for another GB at full speed.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't AT&T throttle your speeds after you go over a certain amount of data anyway when you have an unlimited plan? They were doing this at least, it was confirmed in a bunch of news stories just a few weeks ago.

If that's the case, I'm really not going to sweat having a 3GB plan, which I will probably never max out anyway and if I did, it's only an extra $10 for another GB at full speed.

If you're grand fathered and have an LTE device on AT&T you will get throttled after 5GB. So 3GB for the same $30 price isn't a value. BTW never say you'll never go over 3GB, it's always better to have more than what you need especially with data.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you're grand fathered and have an LTE device on AT&T you will get throttled after 5GB. So 3GB for the same $30 price isn't a value. BTW never say you'll never go over 3GB, it's always better to have more than what you need especially with data.

Perfectly said

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
One of my lines has an old unlimited international data plan, and I was wondering if that user wanted to switch from a BlackBerry to a Nokia Lumia 900, would they keep that package?

brockmoreno

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I went on to AT&T's website and was looking at my features and did not see the unlimited feature. So I call AT&T and they said I still had it...but I find it weird that on the website it is showing like I do not have any data plan. Anyone else see this?

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
When I look at features on my account the only options I have are LTE data plans. The selected one is unlimited LTE personal.

pananahaakna

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I had internet sharing on my Samsung Focus before upgrading to the Lumia 900. Now, it says I need to contact AT&T and pay money or something. From what I'm reading here, people are having issues with being grandfathered into the LTE Unlimited Plan. So, I'm wondering if that's happened to me, or is there some other issue going on. My plan says:

LTE UNL SMT VVMT $30.00

Is this what I need for the internet sharing option? If I call AT&T, is there something specific I should be asking them to do? I don't want to risk losing my unlimited plan since it's the only reason I've stuck with AT&T for as long as I have. Thanks!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I had internet sharing on my Samsung Focus before upgrading to the Lumia 900. Now, it says I need to contact AT&T and pay money or something. From what I'm reading here, people are having issues with being grandfathered into the LTE Unlimited Plan. So, I'm wondering if that's happened to me, or is there some other issue going on. My plan says:

LTE UNL SMT VVMT $30.00

Is this what I need for the internet sharing option? If I call AT&T, is there something specific I should be asking them to do? I don't want to risk losing my unlimited plan since it's the only reason I've stuck with AT&T for as long as I have. Thanks!

You may have been tethering on your Focus, but the AT&T unlimited plan does not include tethering. There's an additional fee for that.

Rob41664

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
When I asked about the wifi tethering and my unlimited they told me that I would have to change my plan to the tethered plan with a limit and would lose my unlimited plan.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
$30 freakin dollars for "unlimited"*** makes me want to laugh...then puke.

When I asked about the wifi tethering and my unlimited they told me that I would have to change my plan to the tethered plan with a limit and would lose my unlimited plan.

The rates in the U.S. for data/internet are really high. I was just in France and bought a pay as you go SIM card from Orange. I added unlimited data/internet and it cost me 9 euro (11.91 usd) for a month of unlimited data/internet.

Xerxes10

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I went from an old BlackBerry International unlimited data plan to an unlimited data plan on the Lumia. I lost the Int'l bit, but was allowed to keep the grandfathered unlimited data. Only BB has that Int'l plan, and it isn't offered anymore-you can only transfer it to a new BB (if there was such a thing...). Also had to have an "enterprise accoun" so Exchange would be active for work.

Still, the bill went down on a monthly basis.

One of my lines has an old unlimited international data plan, and I was wondering if that user wanted to switch from a BlackBerry to a Nokia Lumia 900, would they keep that package?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes