How can I focus correctly?

toasterthegamer

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I turned on the macro focus, and I am attempting to take a picture of my finger, pen, etc while there is stuff in the background. So far in all my attempts it starts to focus good and then right before it takes the picture it focuses on the background. I'm using the hold and tap method to focus and take the picture with the button it just focuses the background.

Any ideas on how I can take a close up shot of something while there is stuff in the background still?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Use the hardware button and snap it at the best possible picture before it loses focus. I haven't tried it with my Lumia yet, but this is what I used to do with my Samsung Focus when snapping closeups of documents.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I found the focus to completely miss for close ups. It scans through and you see the focus good but it keeps going past it and focuses on something in the background.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I turned on the macro focus, and I am attempting to take a picture of my finger, pen, etc while there is stuff in the background. So far in all my attempts it starts to focus good and then right before it takes the picture it focuses on the background. I'm using the hold and tap method to focus and take the picture with the button it just focuses the background.

Any ideas on how I can take a close up shot of something while there is stuff in the background still?
Tab the screen to take picture. I find this easier and better focus as the lense focus on the object you tab on.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
There are two settings that help with Macro photography:

1. Scenes: Macro
2. Focus Mode: Macro

Both have to be on Macro.

I can tap or hold and press the button and get nice photos every time. The minimum distance for me is a little less than 2 inch/5 cm. If I am too close, the camera seems to focus and then defocuses again before taking the photo. Are you maybe too close to the object?

In general, the camera is pretty good if you do change the settings manually. In auto mode I have very mixed results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre