Group text messages?

rutvik19

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm having some trouble with group text messages. One of my friends sent a group text message, but when I go to reply, it just shows that I can reply to him, and I have no way of knowing who all was included in the mass text.

When a person replies from that text message, it goes to their own thread.

Shouldn't group text message get it's own thread? Or at least, how can i look at who was included in the group text message? :confused:

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Cool thanks! I didn't even realize I would have to turn that on. I think on most phone it's turned on by default.

that feature uses mms to send the messages and keep them grouped from what I can tell. If you try to send it with data off it won't go through. Normally it should do as you described, and that's what I've experienced from just about every phone I've used so far.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup, aside from turning Group Text on, you'll have to have MMS working as well for group texts to work properly.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Cool thanks! I didn't even realize I would have to turn that on. I think on most phone it's turned on by default.

Actually I haven't seen an Android phone that group texting works on at all. They just get "This message contains multimedia" and it doesn't seem to know how to process it.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I believe on iOS it is also off by default. If I had to guess why it would likely be do to if you have no messaging plan MMS messages may cost more than an SMS message.

Lydyb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
im still actually having issues with group messaging, i read above and turned on the group messaging icon in settings but im still not recieving any group messages, most of my friends have iphones so when they try to send me a group message it pops up to them as an imessage and i never get the message but they get mine? is there anything else i could possibly be doing wrong to not receive these messages? its getting frustrating for me because i myself am coming from an iphone :(

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
im still actually having issues with group messaging, i read above and turned on the group messaging icon in settings but im still not recieving any group messages, most of my friends have iphones so when they try to send me a group message it pops up to them as an imessage and i never get the message but they get mine? is there anything else i could possibly be doing wrong to not receive these messages? its getting frustrating for me because i myself am coming from an iphone :(

Are you using AT&T or an MVNO like StraightTalk?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon