screen-timeout

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Had it on the Quantum after Mango update, now it's like we're back on Nodo. Loved the 15, 30, and never options. So inconvenient to have the WiFi disconnect after 5 minutes.
Wonder if next update will bring it back or like I've been wanting is to have the option to leave WiFi on when phone goes to sleep. I value not using my data plan over battery life.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Copa715

May 14, 2012
Visit site
No 'never' option, but I have noticed that on two occasions mine has not timed out at all even though it is set at one minute. My wife said she noticed hers did the same thing the other day. I haven't seen any threads on the subject so maybe it's not a widespread issue.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Anything other than 30sec is good. In mine as well as few others, if u set the screen timeout to 30sec, after a call, the screen won't light up. You have to press the power button

Sent via Lumia 900 using Board Express

dclelaya2000

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Just had an issue where the screen would not time out at all after being plugged into AC overnight. Sometime yesterday, I changed the time-out from 30 sec to 3 min. Today I tried changing it back to 30 sec, but it still would not time-out at all, just stayed on always. I backed out of all running apps, made sure usb and any sensor areas were clean, and then did a power off and back on. Nothing. I finally went back and set the time-out back to 3 min, then home, and manually locked. Then went back in and reset time-out to 30 seconds. Fixed it.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Damn, didn't realize the "never" option was missing. It's on the Titan, which is good because my girl uses that phone as her GPS. I wonder if Nokia took it out because AMOLED screens can suffer burn-in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo