Can't Receive Tango video calls on my Lumia 900

apRPhle

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't receive tango video calls on my lumia 900. The push notifications setting is turned on within the app but I cant see the tango app in the background settings to turn on within the phone. Anyone else having problems with this.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
The Tango version that is pre-installed (The Nokia version) only works with wifi. Uninstall it and then install the non-Nokia version from the Marketplace.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Aye. Either the "Nokia" version, or the regular version from the marketplace will work. The one preinstalled as rdef stated is gimped by AT&T to only work on wifi.

tangobatman

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't receive tango video calls on my lumia 900. The push notifications setting is turned on within the app but I cant see the tango app in the background settings to turn on within the phone. Anyone else having problems with this.
AT&T pre-loaded a special version of Tango on your device which only allows Tango through WiFi.

Please complete the following -

Uninstall your current version of Tango, Reboot your device, then download Tango from the Windows Phone Marketplace here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/fe30c379-d111-427d-894f-dc3bfa0ec371

You will now be able to place Tango calls over 3G/4G. ;)

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
To actually answer his question, OP you won't see apps that use push notifications under the settings of the phone. The apps listed there are using background agents to pull down information every 30+ minutes. You won't need to turn Tango on there, it'll just turn them on and Tango's servers will push a notification for you for your calls.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I get what is going on, I have had the same problem. My sister and mom would call me and they kept on telling me, "I tangoed you and you didn't pick up." I didn't know, I had the push notifications on and the Tango, inc. version, not the AT&T version. I guess my only advice is to tell you to leave Tango open and not close it. I have tango and the start screen. Don't keep pressing back or you'll have to open it again. Hopefully an update will have background support.

apRPhle

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I pretty much tried everyone's suggestion along with contacting Tango about it but I still can't receive video calls. It's ok though, I just wanted to try it out but now that I think about it, I prob wont be using it much. thanks again for everyone's help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck