All I want is MMS! HTC Titan II

bbewbieee

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey all I'm new to the whole windows phones thing and just got a Titan II from the Windows Phone challenge. So far the whole windows phone thing is pretty cool although I would like to be able to customize my phone more and I don't like that I have to sign up for zune and windows live to get apps and etc.

Anyway, I'm on T-Mobile and I unlocked the phone with a code I bought online and everything seems to be working well EXCEPT I can't send or receive MMS messages. I've looked through these forums a bit and found that the HTC Connection Setup app doesn't work for the Titan II so that's one possible solution off the list.

So I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution for this yet? Any help is appreciated!

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Firstly, you posted in the Titan forum, not the Titan II forum.

And secondly, I already made a post about this.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan-ii/192698.htm

So far, there is no solution. What you can do is bug HTC about it here Contact HTCdev until they finally realize that they need to fix this. The more people who contact them about it the better. But instead a lot of people leave reviews for the app which HTC doesn't seem to read at all.

bbewbieee

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
oops lol no wonder there wasn't much titan II talk I thought this forum encompassed both models. ty for the reply time to check out the titan II section!

zcarfaz

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey all I'm new to the whole windows phones thing and just got a Titan II from the Windows Phone challenge. So far the whole windows phone thing is pretty cool although I would like to be able to customize my phone more and I don't like that I have to sign up for zune and windows live to get apps and etc.

Anyway, I'm on T-Mobile and I unlocked the phone with a code I bought online and everything seems to be working well EXCEPT I can't send or receive MMS messages. I've looked through these forums a bit and found that the HTC Connection Setup app doesn't work for the Titan II so that's one possible solution off the list.

So I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution for this yet? Any help is appreciated!
I have the same exact problem let me know if u find a way to fix it:)

Morris McCain

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I can't even get the HTC Titan 2 to show up via windows explorer as a device. I call HTC to no avail. HTC is not very knowledgeable about their own phones. I had the following issues: 1.MMS doesn't work, hence no texted pictures. 2. HTC speed dial function, hence can't easily call going down the road. 3. Can't get Titan2 to show up on explorer as an attached device, which should have it's own assigned drive letter via a usb cable. I know it's connected because I can see Titan2 profile via zune. I like it the old way in explorer. 4. HTC couldn't find a way to block specific phone numbers from calling. SO, HTC COULDN'T FIX ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS ADEQUATELY. OH YEAH, I LOVE IT WHEN HTC SAYS CALL STRAIGHT TALK AND STRAIGHT TALK SAYS CALL HTC.

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Titan2 MMS settings

I'm not sure anyone had/has suggested this.

I've read that the titan 2 has exclusivity so only at&t network is supported for now. That makes the most sense. Also you can use your email to send mms and your at&t email to receive. I do that at times and it works.

You can google at&t mms email settings

This was the same for original titan. There was an update to the connection settings app that cleaned it up. So maybe another 2 months. 6 months from april but i could be wrong. At&t, HTC can't say that even though they know. The titan2 is exclusive and unless you get the European version which i don't think supports at&t 4G, you have to be patient.

Good luck.

Linda Henry1

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I went to Market Place on my Titan II and down loaded the HTC Connection Setup app. This has seemed to fix my problem the problem with attaching a picture to my text. I am now testing to see if this app fixed the problem with my phone receiving text pictures. I still have the problem with not being able to sync with Zune. I just bought this phone from ebay last month. It has taken me weeks to confirm with AT&T that the problem is not my setup its with this device. Hoping I can fix this problem. The seller does not accept the responsibility of sending me a broken phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes