Error codes, updates and hi-jinks

CaptainZombies

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey, i'm looking for some help. My LG Optimus 7 was recently *ahem* introduced to some diet Pepsi. Its been repaired and is in good working order, but the repair man had to do a hard reset. I brought it home, all excited, and connected it to my laptop to do a system restore to get all my data back. It restarts the phone but then the update immediately fails and gives me error code 8000ffff. Trying to update the phone first brings up another error code. I've read through forums and websites to no avail, tried many things. I rang LG tech support who said they couldn't help and I should ring Microsoft. So I rang Microsoft who said they couldnt help me, that I would need to ring LG.
Can anybody help me?

CaptainZombies

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
How are doing a hard reset?

As I recall, the LG Optimus 7 doesn't have a memory stick slot correct? just 16GB of internal memory, correct?
No, no memory stick, just the internal.
I press and hold the volume button and the camera button and then press the power on, still holding the first 2 buttons. Then it comes up with "Cold Boot" on the screen and you have to go through the basic setup again

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So after a hard reset and plugging your phone into you laptop, is Zune recognizing your devices as a new, unknown phone? It should. If you rename you phone, you would lose the backup, but it's probably outdated anyway. It should hopefully, get everything working again though.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

CaptainZombies

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
So after a hard reset and plugging your phone into you laptop, is Zune recognizing your devices as a new, unknown phone? It should. If you rename you phone, you would lose the backup, but it's probably outdated anyway. It should hopefully, get everything working again though.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
I renamed my phone, but that didnt help. It comes up with a new error code now 80072fa8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss