New WP user with Straight talk

jsooks

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I came from android and fell for the Lumia 900 and windows phone OS. I bought one second hand and just activated it with straighttalk. So far so good, one quip is that the battery drains fast other than that i love the phone. Does anyone have straighttalk as well? comments, tips, complaints?

John

jsooks

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
thank you already updated and I love the phone, its a lot different from android, one thing i noticed if am an searching for a number on bing it doesn't link the phone number directly as android did...and YP search sucks

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
thank you already updated and I love the phone, its a lot different from android, one thing i noticed if am an searching for a number on bing it doesn't link the phone number directly as android did...and YP search sucks

What do you mean by searching for a number? You mean like smart dialing? It's a shame that WP doesn't have Smart Dialing (dial number to find contact) built in, but there is a really good dialer app called RapDialer that can accomplish this. You can even pin it and customize the tile to make it look like the dialer app for your phone.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm on ST with a Titan and everything works fine except I have to switch between APN profiles when I want to get an MMS.

Ramircat

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
just to chime in quickly, i too have straight talk and managed to easily modify my sim card into micro sim size and works perfectly, great coverage and decent speeds. cant go wrong with straight talk.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Can I actually keep my current number switching over to ST? Also, how is the nationwide coverage with ST?

jsooks

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can you can port your number! I switched from virgin mobile and they ported the number within 2 hours. I really like the service so far, no complaints. Just that the headset has no call volume that I havn't figured out a fix for yet.

jsooks

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, I meant when you are searching for a number on a web search, but bing has the local tab and you can click on the number right from there, so I take my comment back.

Does anyone know when 7.8 is rolling out?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, I meant when you are searching for a number on a web search, but bing has the local tab and you can click on the number right from there, so I take my comment back.

Does anyone know when 7.8 is rolling out?

No release date yet. If I had to guess, November.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Can I actually keep my current number switching over to ST? Also, how is the nationwide coverage with ST?
Support - Service Area

coverage_map.gif

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
What speeds are you guys seeing with Straight Talk? I'm going to be a new user to ST. I ordered my micro-sim and am just waiting to receive it. I'm at least hoping for HSPA+ speeds because I know I won't get LTE.

Also, how easy is it to change the apn settings?

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
What speeds are you guys seeing with Straight Talk? I'm going to be a new user to ST. I ordered my micro-sim and am just waiting to receive it. I'm at least hoping for HSPA+ speeds because I know I won't get LTE.

Also, how easy is it to change the apn settings?
I've been getting speeds fairly consistent with what I used to get with AT&T. If you used to get HSPA+ speeds before, you should be able to still get it now (Straight Talk does use AT&T's network after all). In terms of changing the APN, its fairly easy. Just download the Network Setup app from the marketplace.

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Straight talk uses ATT service when you chose the ATT sim when you purchase it. Same exact service area, it's just an ATT MVNO provider.

I'm using them on my Titan II and they work fine, no idea on speed, my phone says 4g and works fine for my uses so I've never even checked.

chris4404

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I came from android and fell for the Lumia 900 and windows phone OS. I bought one second hand and just activated it with straighttalk. So far so good, one quip is that the battery drains fast other than that i love the phone. Does anyone have straighttalk as well? comments, tips, complaints?

John

Where did you get an unlock code for it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon