Distinct sounds for new mail notification different email accounts?

flapadlr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Can I set different sounds for new emails on the NL900? It's driving me a bit batty that all new email sounds the same. I'd like to prioritize!

Third party apps are welcome.

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Can someone confirm if this has been addressed in either 7.8 or WP8? This is what I want
Gmail: Turn off sound
Live: just vibrate
Outlook/Exchange: Beep/Sound.

Also, for other apps, I should be able to turn on or off for each app individually, instead of saying "sound on for all notification". For example: Turn it on for whats app. turn off for words by post./wwf,

Its a very simple thing, yet MS missed it?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
MS missed a lot of things. WP8 doesn't address this issue, yet. I would just like to have the ability to have custom email and text tones period. The built ins all sound the same. Its amazing, BB had this 6 or 7 years ago? MS better get on it or be happy floundering at the bottom.

ron epstein

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
turn off sounds in outlook settings; create a rule (with "Rules & Alerts") while in the specific account, select "play sound" for any message "sent through specified account". select the sound you want. defaults to windows sounds, you can probably browse to any sound file. good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos