Fellow HTC TITAN 2 owners

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I got my HTC TITAN II on release day and I still LOVE it. But you know us, we want the latest and greatest.

With that said, are you guys getting a Windows 8 phone? If so the 920 or 8x?? Or any of the other ones?

I'm not eligible for upgrade yet so I am probably sticking with my TITAN II and hoping for 7.8 to come out soon. But once I am eligible I thinking I'm leaning towards the LUMIA 920.

Hopefully us original die hard windows phone users will get taken care of...

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't buy phones often, as I can't justify paying hundreds of dollars for something I already have that works. I had my last phone for a little over 5 years, until the Windows Phone Challenge came along.

I am also saving quite a bit using Straight Talk, and I would not want to doubble my bill by signing up for a contract.

If for some crazy reason I had to buy a new WP8, I would 100% go with the Lumia 920. HTC has lost me as a customer. Anyway, if my phone did break, I wouldn't spend more than $200 (and that is high) for a new phone. So, a WP8 would be out.

While I always love to have the newest technology, I am practical, and there are just some things that I personally can't justify upgrading.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I got my HTC TITAN II on release day and I still LOVE it. But you know us, we want the latest and greatest.

With that said, are you guys getting a Windows 8 phone? If so the 920 or 8x?? Or any of the other ones?

I'm not eligible for upgrade yet so I am probably sticking with my TITAN II and hoping for 7.8 to come out soon. But once I am eligible I thinking I'm leaning towards the LUMIA 920.

Hopefully us original die hard windows phone users will get taken care of...

When looking at the size measurements between the Titan 2 and the 920, It would seem that that they are similar in size. The Titan is actually measured to be thicker than the 920. Which kind of has me convinced that the 920 would be the phone to get. Weight means nothing much to me. I loved the size of the HTC Titan 2 and the thickness wasn't bad either. I think the Titan 2 measured 13mm thick while the 920 is 10.7. I'm an HTC head, but the 920 is looking better everyday. Especially for the price.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a WP8 phone but I don't want to sign a new contract with at&t. I'll probably just pay the $449 and get the new HTC. I checked out both the Nokia and the HTC at my local store and prefer the HTC over the Nokia. The same was true with the 900 and Titan 2. I started out with the 900 then switched to the Titan 2. In my opinion it'
s a better phone. I'm not a hurry to get a new phone since my Titan 2 is like brand new and let's face it, does pretty much everything that the WP8 phones will do.......with a bigger screen...right??

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a WP8 phone but I don't want to sign a new contract with at&t. I'll probably just pay the $449 and get the new HTC. I checked out both the Nokia and the HTC at my local store and prefer the HTC over the Nokia. The same was true with the 900 and Titan 2. I started out with the 900 then switched to the Titan 2. In my opinion it'
s a better phone. I'm not a hurry to get a new phone since my Titan 2 is like brand new and let's face it, does pretty much everything that the WP8 phones will do.......with a bigger screen...right??
I looked at both at my local store also. I thought the 920 felt better in the hand and the 8X was too small for me. And you are right, our BEAST the TITAN II can basically do everything WP8 can do. Hopefully we get 7.8 in the near future.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am leaning towards the lumia 920, I had a L900 and had all kinds of issues with it. The 8x screen is pretty tight and the camera I think takes better day shots, the L920 low light camera is great!

The Main reason why I am leaning towards the 920 is because of the Nokia Apps.
I am thinking of buying the phone full price.

The only other factor is if Facebook releases an instagram app for windows phone. I wouldn't be surprised if it was part of the lumia collection of apps...but I wanna wait because HTC or Samsung could pick that app up.

The only other factor is the 920 has 32gigs of memory which should be the lowest available now, the 8x for the same price has 8 gigs, and for $100 more you can get the 16gig version...

It will probably be the Yellow 920.

Last edited:

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and got a blue 8X
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

That's wassup, let me know how you like it after a few days of use. Doesn't it feel alot smaller than the TITAN II? Let me know if it's worth it and what so different with everyday use compared to the TITAN II a.k.a the BEAST lol

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I will. So far it has been good, a little weird at first but good.

That's wassup, let me know how you like it after a few days of use. Doesn't it feel alot smaller than the TITAN II? Let me know if it's worth it and what so different with everyday use compared to the TITAN II a.k.a the BEAST lol

Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I was a fellow Titan II owner, still have my Titan II. Just bought my 920 a week ago and love it. Reason why I went Nokia this time around was because, Nokia Apps, Camera and support. I got hung out to dry with the whole Tango & HTC owners debacle with AT&T. Seems to me Nokia supports there phones quickly and for a long time, heck they still support their Symbian owners.

Titan II was great though I loved the 16MP camera. Lastly, reason why nobody is talking about the Ativ S is because it's not available anywhere (well anywhere in the U.S.) and if it is the only carrier onboard seems to be Verizon.

dante501

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I think the lumia 920 is a great device but I do like the metal silver look of the Ativ S more and the 4.8 inch screen and removable battery and memory is a advantage the Lumia 920 does not have. Ativ S supposedly be out December

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
@dante, Those are good points, I find that the wireless charging is a gimmic, what isn't a gimmic is the Nokia Section of the Marketplace as well as getting updates first. I always found that HTC and Samsung are the step-brothers of Windows Phone. Never getting any updates or when you do it is later than everyone else (focus, Titan) My Titan II thou was one of the best Phones I have ever owned. THe 920 is even better, one of the best call qualities I have ever had on a cell phone. The screen is amazing and battery life is decent (because I set up the phone to last longer).

dante501

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
that's what I agree with I still have a focus s absolutely great Windows Phone. I always was gonna get the Titan 2 problem is no updates I don't even think it got the keyboard issue fixed at least on the focus s thank to root u where able to install hacks for it or even push the update. Problem is that att is holding the update back since the international Titan does has 7.8 I wish the Titan 2 would have came to Europe this was like the best windows 7 with the focus s that never saw a bright future what is a shame. Specially the Titan 2 has no support what is a shame I would so love to get one but no fix for the keyboard on no 7.8 is kinda the deal breaker. I am waiting for the Ativ S it will be available in Amazon UK Dec 13 for 449 pounds around 650 dollars what actually is cheaper then the lumia 920 sells for it goes for around 550 pounds like almost 800 dollars

Here is also a review on the Samsung Ativ S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AGlDvMt6xk

and also this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mlue1R-foo

Last edited:

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Those are the biggest drawbacks for Titan 2, no support from HTC or AT&T. It's also the reason I'll be going Nokia for my next phone. I do like the look & features of the AtivS (screen size, removable battery & expanded memory) but no apps or upgrades from Samsung either). I'm probably going to wait and see if 7.8 comes along (fingers crossed) for the Titan 2, if not probably the 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6