Define 'Normal usage'

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So a question for my fellow 810ers: What would you define as normal usage throughout the day? How are you using your phone and what sort of battery life are you getting? I ask this because the battery performance on my 810 (sorry, another battery related topic) has decreased since I first got the phone about 2 weeks ago. The first day I used it on a full charge, the phone was good for about a solid 18 hours with texting, phone calls, some web browsing, light use of maps.
Today, I unplugged it at 8am, made a brief phone call or two, used the maps for about 5 minutes, edited/created some notes in one note, browsed the web for about 5 min, and by 12pm it was showing I had 83% left. Does sound about right for you all? So I turned off all background apps, played one game of alphajax, and streamed one video over WiFi and had 55% by 2:30pm. Just wanted to bounce this concern around the forum, maybe it'll give me some answers/perspective. Thanks!

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I was having some battery drain issues as well. It turned out to be right after I installed a battery meter app. I don't remember which one it was but now I'm using a different one called Battery Status and I have excellent battery life now. Don't know if this'll help some.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I was having some battery drain issues as well. It turned out to be right after I installed a battery meter app. I don't remember which one it was but now I'm using a different one called Battery Status and I have excellent battery life now. Don't know if this'll help some.
You probably were using Battery Level.

Anyway, my battery's been really solid. I've been getting no less than 18 hours and generally over 24. I tend to play some games, Alphajax mostly right now, read news, message, make phone calls, maybe a video here and there, Twitter via Mehdoh, and some other odds and ends. That's typical use for me. There are, of course, days I do more and days I do less.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers