Wp 7.8

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am making the rounds with this Email I sent to AT&T. My Wife owns the T2, so I of course have a strong interest in keeping her happy and seeing the T2 get 7.8. Here is the Email:

Q3:please enter your phone question below:
A3:My wife, myself, and several of my friends have Windows Phones
devices. We are curious to what information we can get concerning the
WP 7.8 update pending for our devices. I have the Samsung Focus S, my
wife has the HTC Titan 2, and my friends have Samsung Focus 2 and the
Focus Flash. Any information on when we can see this update? The Nokia
900 is already recieving it, and we are curious.

Thank you for your time.

And here is AT&T's not so encouraging response:

Unfortunately at this time we do not have a date for the Windows 7.8
update for the devices you mentioned. For more information on Windows
updates you can visit Windows support website at
Support - Microsoft Windows Help.

I apologize for any trouble this may have caused. If there is anything
else we can assist you with please feel free to contact us again. Thank
you for being an AT&T customer.

Sincerely,

Julie Jones
AT&T National Solution Centers

I did go to Microsoft, but their Web site is among the least user friendly you will EVER try to surf. As far as I can tell, there are only generic "coming features", and I have had no luck finding a place to email a rep. I will continue to look though.

I am a little more concerned about the T2, and all other HTC WP7 devices, then I am about the Samsung ones due to several sources confirming Sammy has every intention of updating their 7.5's to 7.8. I have heard zero from HTC about the Titan, T2, or Radar, much less alll their earlier devices.

I will feel a ton better when I hear something coming through the pipeline. Until then, wish I had more rock solid information.

David Moses

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
So I updated my Titan II to 7.8 via the manual method, very easy to do.

So, does this update finally fix the inability to edit your own MMS settings? No

All you get is the new tile system and the new xbox live logo. What an absolute disappointment to wait all this time for so little.

Never again will I purchase an HTC product.

bob18

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Where can I find the manual method for upgrading to 7.8..?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

This worked for me!! ATT Focus S locked

http://www.windowscentral.com/tool-make-installing-windows-phone-78-update-easier

You need to do it 3 times. Select all the languages except Indonesian and Malaysian each time for the focus S, only get the languages that are already on your phone. Each time after you phone restarts, the computer program may crash, but just close it and reopen it and do it all again. That's it

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I used the method linked above on my old Titan 2 tonight with success. Cycled through the process several times applying the incremental updates ATT never gave us and about 30 minutes later, I had no right side gutter and adjustable size tiles.

jonx15

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to say I followed instructions in the link and now my titan 2 is sporting 7.8..
Other than resizeable tiles and more tile colors...I see no difference either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
updated with the seven-eighter tool from wphacker. update went smooth. the only thing i noticed was a slight lag open inboxes, so far. battery may be draining a bit faster too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes