Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
GDR2 is being rolled out now. Slowly, but surely.

Along with Windows Phone 8 GDR 2 (version 8.0.10327.77 installed) the 8XT has two Sprint apps preloaded (Sprint Music Plus and Sprint TV and Movies) and the HTC apps (Photo Enhancer, HTC Burst, HTC app, and HTC Camera).

Sprint HTC 8XT Windows Phone review | Windows Phone Central

What may surprise some of you though is knowing that this bad boy comes with a Windows Phone 8 build 10327 (GDR2) and Nokia?s Amber firmware update already on board. The means that it has a bunch of low level OS fixes, like that Me Tile situation and the Other Storage fix (we're at 300 MB) and some Nokia perks likes double-tap to wake and flip-to-silence for phone calls. (Watch our video tour above to see it in action.)

AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 with GDR2 and Amber on board; unboxing and quick tour | Windows Phone Central

Likewise, Pro Cam and Smart Cam, when set as the default camera app (something new to Windows Phone 8.0 GDR2), cannot bypass the PIN lock screen like the native Windows Phone camera UI, adding even more delay to the process should you chose to lock your device.

Nokia Lumia 1020 Review | Windows Phone Central

Reports are coming, with scarce details, that the Nokia Lumia 925 is receiving an OS update today over the air. The update bumps the OS from build 10327 to build 10328?both of which are considered part of the GDR2 release frame. Devices that are reported to be receiving the update include only unlocked devices with no reports (yet) of branded or carrier supported ones, including T-Mobile US.

Unlocked Nokia Lumia 925 devices start receiving update to OS build 10328 | Windows Phone Central

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Another question. I've been thinking about this whole 810-GDR2 debacle.... Given the poor vote of confidence everyone here gives to T-Mobile on this issue, what are the chances of the device ever receiving GDR3? I mean, if you guys get fortunate enough to be given GDR2 this month, that will, in all likelihood, be the last update the 810 will ever see, anyway. Again, based on how little faith you have in T-Mobile.

Of course I don't guarantee anything, but I bet that the 810 will get GDR2 & Amber with some sort of firmware update. However GDR3, let alone Winphone 8.1/Blue or whatever they're calling it, I AM QUITE DOUBTFUL. Getting updates going forward is just one of the reasons I wanted a Windows Phone 8 device. So yes I agree, I think GDR2 and Amber will be the token support of the 810, then it's going to be the long sleep.....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
t-mo will release it when they get around to it. Chasing after release dates at this point just creates unnecessary angst.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't try to hate on folks who are insiders that post here, but when you post cryptically on a hot button topic you end up doing more angst than help.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
But what did the "insiders" say? Not a damn thing! But if, and only if, an update comes, those same "insiders" will want to pat themselves on the back and say "I told you!"

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I was about to do a hard reset anyway because of my sd card situation. This timing is excellent but it sounds like it doesn't help my music situation at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes