Can't update Apps

Spider07

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I received my RT yesterday, love the thing. However, when I go to "update" the apps as they say they require, it just says "pending", and then after some time, I get the "App was not installed" message. My internet connection is very stong. What is the issue?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I do not have an RT but experienced the same issue on my Windows 8 laptop. What I did to fix it was two fold. On some of them, I just kept trying them. When I first booted up the PC there were maybe 30 apps that wanted to update, and 12-13 pushed errors. I kept trying those apps, and maybe 1 at a time would fall off the list. Finally got it down to about 6 apps that just would not update, and I just uninstalled them! haha Not really a solution but a great part of Windows 8 shovelware is that you can uninstall it!!!

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Similar to what Curtieson said, you just have to wait. I've done a lot of clean installs and refreshes on WinRT and Win8 devices. It usually just takes a day or two before the app store really gets going and takes care of the updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas