Navigation apps

SlantNGo

May 13, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys use for navigation on your Lumia 521? I tried out the HERE Drive Beta, and I see there is also this Scout app (Telenav) that seems to be T-Mobile exclusive.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys use for navigation on your Lumia 521? I tried out the HERE Drive Beta, and I see there is also this Scout app (Telenav) that seems to be T-Mobile exclusive.

Navigon for Windows phone is one good alternative

Gmaps Pro or Gmaps brings a bit of Google experience and also supports navigation

In india we have MapMyIndia which also has directions (but no navigation)

Jtress

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Here drive is very good in my area. So far it has been as accurate as my Garmin on my dash. I also have Copilot, which I just added to my phone a few days back. Have not had a chance to test it out, though. I had a copilot ID from when I had an android phone, and it carried over and allowed me to download maps for it free (thanks to a tip from this forum for giving me that info). I liked copilot because it was an off line solution, and still have it installed on my android tablet. Really nice having that 10 inch tablet to use for maps on cross country trips. I can't imagine not having it.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah once I realized you just need to turn on data to have announced street names, I've been pretty happy with it.
There is voice package with human voice recorded without street names or digital generic voice with street names.
No need for online for that purpose.

SlantNGo

May 13, 2013
Visit site
There is voice package with human voice recorded without street names or digital generic voice with street names.
No need for online for that purpose.

I'll give it a try with data off today and see if it still announces street names. I thought the the text-to-speech was done using data but it could be done just on the phone.

SlantNGo

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll give it a try with data off today and see if it still announces street names. I thought the the text-to-speech was done using data but it could be done just on the phone.

You are correct. No need for data--the text-to-speech is all on the phone. Sweet!

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
It also allows maps to be downloaded for true offline navigation. I've used it this way exclusively and it works great. And yes, it does have voice navigation, you have to download the voice in the settings menu.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 521 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2