Succesful Wifi Calling on 810

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a more modern phone; iPucky is out of the question for $$$ and many other reasons, I hate the marriage to Google with Android. Had one, just didn't work for me. I don't have the Android gene, I guess. So, poking around on the intertubes, I found some threads where people have gotten WFC to work on the 810! I crave, and have used, off and on, WFC since 2007. Woo hoo! I immediately bought a like new 810 with that hope in mind. (It's still not on the network, the SIM card cutter I ordered at the same time still isn't here three days after I got the phone.)

Anyway, check the link below, look especially for comments from Jeff Sparks. Other people have gotten it working, and via different angles. So, no on can say with certainty how it happened. The issues are: 1) asking TM CS to enable WFC. If this is indeed necessary, it is 100% different from all other phones. 2) You may need a SIM card identified as TM9190. He got it for free at the TM store. Other peeps said their non-TM9190 card worked fine. 3) No question about it, you have to do a hard reset after getting the latest firmware. (Frankly, I'd try everything else first!)

According to news on this site, if we ever see the new Amber firmware on the 810, WFC will be included.

T-Mobile's wifi calling? - Microsoft Community

Check out his start page shot. Huge WFC tile!

Paul

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
WFC does NOT work with the 810 you can use a proxy Wi-Fi to download the app but the app just takes up storage, those 1, or 2 who said it works are full of it.
An app doesn't a WFC caller make, to use old English. In plain English Bull$hit.
Did you read this thread before you started a new one ? http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-810/203336-t-mobiles-wifi-calling.html and read this post # 67 http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-810/203336-3.htm#post2025811

As far as his link to and a HUGE WFC Tile to prove it, anyone can download almost any app via a proxy Wi-Fi server and load it but that doesn't make the app work.
I downloaded the same Wi-Fi app and it shows all the screens etc. but there is no WiFi calling, a different SIM is just an urban legend another case of wishful thinking and the placebo effect. The 810 It's NOT enabled and unless on TM it says the 810 is a Wi-Fi calling phone, The Luimia 521 got a software upgrade to enable Wi-Fi calling the 810 has not. The HTC 8X is, so Jeff Sparks success with the HTC 8X is not a surprise but that doesn't translate to the 810 working with an app you download. It's nice blue tile that you can impress your friends with just don't expect it to allow for Wi-Fi calling
Until the 810 gets one of these then the BLUE WI-FI TILE is just a blue Wi-Fi tile

"On May 20, a software update to Software version 1030.6409.1316.0016 was released for the Nokia Lumia 521. The software update, which will be available by Over The Air (OTA), will add Wi-Fi calling."

Last edited:

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
yea tried that too wayyyy before.. lets just hope it does come with the upcoming firmware update.. would make this device even sweeter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon