After GDR2/Amber leak still no WiFi Calling... What gives, TMo?

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
So, since I got hold of that leaked GDR2/Amber update for our super awesome EOL'd phones, I was looking forward to getting the WiFi calling app immediately after flashing my device. I considered it of equal importance/concern to me as the "Other Storage" issue since as a grad student in a concrete fort, deep within the dungeons... I mean, labs, I barely get a good signal. Apart from that, I thought it would be great when I go visit my home country it would be awesome to still use my phone.

Alas, after flashing, no WiFi calling tile....

I saw this in another thread here in the Lumia 810 Forum that it's available from the store:
Wi-Fi Calling | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
but it would not allow me to download (I thought it should be compatible now???)

So I tried to figure out how to download it... and I found this:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...kia-video-upload-video-trimmer-l920-gdr2.html
1. Install fiddler
2. Go to tools, fiddler options then connection then allow remote connection
3. Press ok then restart fiddler
4. Then open fiddler ctrl +r, it will open the notepad app
5. Ctrl +f then paste static function OnBeforeRequest(oSession: Session) {
6. At the next line paste this code
if(oSession.uriContains("RM-821_eu_euro1_425"))
{
oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("RM-821_eu_euro1_425","RM-877_nam_att_205");
}
7. replace the RM-821_eu_euro1_425 with your lumia found in extra+info
8. go to your phones wifi setting, connected to the same wifi network as your computer. Click on the network you connected or hold it until edit option pop out. Proxy switch to ON and Server/url is your computer's IP address, and the Port is 8888 and save
9. here is the qr code

qr codes - Imgur

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

And I realized that the WiFi calling app is available on Lumia 925 ... so why not just replace the "RM-877_nam_att_205" in the code with "RM-893_nam_tmous_201" (the product code for 925) and of course replace the "RM-821_eu_euro1_425" with the appropriate 810 code...
And with that I was able to download the app... but still it did not work! What gives, TMo?!?!?

070820133442.jpg070820133444.jpg

Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia Amber update will contain GDR2 in it. Amber will be available to the entire Lumia Windows Phone 8 product portfolio,
but some features will not be available to all devices.
How do you know if the 810 got that feature with the update? it didn't get FM radio either and if you have a TM SIM that doesn't mean that you'd get Wi-Fi calling anyway ,TM will have to allow it not just the hardware -IF it does...but it doesn't look like it has the feature anyway.
FM radio is no issue toTM but the update didn't install a radio.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia Amber update will contain GDR2 in it. Amber will be available to the entire Lumia Windows Phone 8 product portfolio,
but some features will not be available to all devices.
How do you know if the 810 got that feature with the update? it didn't get FM radio either and if you have a TM SIM that doesn't mean that you'd get Wi-Fi calling anyway ,TM will have to allow it not just the hardware -IF it does...but it doesn't look like it has the feature anyway.
FM radio is no issue toTM but the update didn't install a radio.

First set of highlighted text: YES, I know that.
Second set: I did not say I knew, I was just looking forward based on rumors and the availability of the feature with 925 and the 521. That's it

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
So, since I got hold of that leaked GDR2/Amber update for our super awesome EOL'd phones, I was looking forward to getting the WiFi calling app immediately after flashing my device. I considered it of equal importance/concern to me as the "Other Storage" issue since as a grad student in a concrete fort, deep within the dungeons... I mean, labs, I barely get a good signal. Apart from that, I thought it would be great when I go visit my home country it would be awesome to still use my phone.

Alas, after flashing, no WiFi calling tile....

I saw this in another thread here in the Lumia 810 Forum that it's available from the store:
Wi-Fi Calling | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
but it would not allow me to download (I thought it should be compatible now???)

So I tried to figure out how to download it... and I found this:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...kia-video-upload-video-trimmer-l920-gdr2.html

And I realized that the WiFi calling app is available on Lumia 925 ... so why not just replace the "RM-877_nam_att_205" in the code with "RM-893_nam_tmous_201" (the product code for 925) and of course replace the "RM-821_eu_euro1_425" with the appropriate 810 code...
And with that I was able to download the app... but still it did not work! What gives, TMo?!?!?

View attachment 39413View attachment 39414

can u share qr code for wifi calling..thanks

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
can u share qr code for wifi calling..thanks

Froi, you can just click, or tap if browsing on your phone, the very first link in my post. But you will need to set up Fiddler and proxy through your phone (Fiddler will act as the proxy, much like the previous one that was blocked) for this to work. But anyway, heto na... I mean :wink:.. here's the QR code if you need it.

chart.png

Last edited:

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Froi, you can just click, or tap if browsing on your phone, the very first link in my post. But you will need to set up Fiddler and proxy through your phone (Fiddler will act as the proxy, much like the previous one that was blocked) for this to work. But anyway, heto na... I mean :wink:.. here's the QR code if you need it.

View attachment 39422

got it already earlier, thanks anyway :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3