My phone died. Has yours?

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought a new HTC 8xt from Ting about three weeks ago. Last week I noticed the power button would not always work the first time I pushed it, and I began to worry about the longevity of it.
Well, three days ago I woke up and went to check my phone. To my surprise, the phone was completely bricked. No power, no vibrate, and nothing happened when I plugged it in.
I tried a few troubleshooting tips I found online, like holding down the power and volume down buttons. Nothing is working.

I just wanted to see if this is a common problem or if I ended up with a lemon. If it is something that will keep happening, I'd rather get a different phone. I'm torn because I love the style and boom sound. Plus, my only other option is the hideously bland Samsung Ativ S Neo.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, there are definitely others, but this is a very bad way to try to see how common it is that this happens as it will really only attract people who have gone through the same to post, so many people draw the conclusion of "almost everyone in this thread had their phone bricked, it must be really common!"-kinda thing :p

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
had a similar problem with my L920. one day I charged it with a blackberry charger and the next day I woke up the phone wouldn't turn on, it was only showing battery icon on screen. I sent it to nokia care and they replaced the battery. now my l920 is working fine.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth, I haven't yet heard about any wide-spread bricked 8XTs. Hopefully you can get a replacement and won't have the problem again.

Koreanchurro

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
MY FIRST ONE DID THIS!!!!!! What i did was open the back and put a piece of paper under the button and it worked pretty good. a few months later, it stopped opening the phone and text messaging app, so I couldn't text or make phone calls, it was still under manufacturers warranty, but sprint charged me 50 dollars to replace it, if this eventually happens to you, go to sprint and have them diagnose it (which is free) and when they cant identify the problem and say that you have to pay 50 bucks, that is when you contact HTC and tell you your problem, it takes time for shipping and stuff, but it saves you 50 bucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes