521 doesn't have storage check

NL521

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I got my phone the other week. It didn't come with storage check, so I thought I had to update to amber in order to get it. When I updated to amber today it still wasn't on there. I also tried looking for it in the app store but I couldn't find it. Any help?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
im pretty sure my sister's 521 had storage check

maybe getting one of those lumia update apps (which have direct links to the appropriate settings in the store) would help?

Anguis

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine has it - take a look in Settings, down towards the bottom. If it's not there, try finding and downloading it from Sysapp Pusher (I don't think I got it from there, though).

WeAreNotAlone

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I got my phone the other week. It didn't come with storage check, so I thought I had to update to amber in order to get it. When I updated to amber today it still wasn't on there. I also tried looking for it in the app store but I couldn't find it. Any help?

Nokia Lumia
Model 521, (2013 model)
WP8
GDR2
Amber (preinstalled)

It's the last item listed:
Click:
SETTINGS>(System tab at top)>storage check=Storage Check page will appear, has "Overview" and "Detail" tab at top.

"Overview" section shows a round circle, with Apps, Media and files, System (OS), Free space in different colors.
"Detail" section shows breakdown of each.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine has it - take a look in Settings, down towards the bottom. If it's not there, try finding and downloading it from Sysapp Pusher (I don't think I got it from there, though).

I agree has well if not listed, install with sysapp.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

It appears when I hook it to my PC and the black phone icon appears on the task bar.

NL521

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
So I had 20 updates from the store and now I have storage check and a bunch of other stuff the phone didn't have before. It also reinstalled angry birds roost after I had already deleted it lol. Thanks for the help guys.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
For the future you might consider a hard (factory) reset after major updates. Back up your phone first, since you'll lose any personal data and settings on the phone, not on the SD card.

We got all that stuff on our 521 right after the update, but I did a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon