Nokia Lumia 521 on SIMPLE MOBILE - PROGRAMMING INFO ATTACHED

BBerryPowerUser

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had my BlackBerry on Simple Mobile (an MVNO of T-Mobile) for a long while and have been happy with it. They offer true BlackBerry BIS at a significant savings over post pay plans.
For 4g coverage, the advantage is more 4g bandwidth before you are subject to throttling. T-Mo's $50 plan subjects you to throttling at 500 meg, whereas the same 50 bucks at Simple gives you 3 gig of 4g before subjected to throttling. They also offer a 1 gig 4g, otherwise unlimited plan for $40.

If you have a Simple Mobile micro Sim and want to put your 521 on Simple Mobile, I can tell you it works. I have had mine on for a few days. No problems. Good speed on 4g and MMS messages send and receive no problem.

It's up to you, but if you want to, here is the protocol, FYI. I don't work for Simple Mobile, T-Mobile or any wireless carrier and I hold no stock or interest in any. Just offering this as what I did because it worked for me. Good luck.

Here are the programming instructions for using the 521 on Simple Mobile.

Go to SETTINGS
Open CELLULAR
Make sure SIMPLE MOBILE is the network selection, if not it needs to be added. You don't want T-Mobile

Go to SETTINGS
Open ACCESS POINT
Make sure SIMPLE MOBLE is active (initially, it should NOT be there - you have to add it - so ADD IT! )
Press ADD
Name it whatever you want, I named mine SIMPLE MOBILE
Once added make sure it is the ACTIVE NETWORK

Program over the air Internet and MMS for internet and picture message send and receive

Go to SETTINGS - ACCESS POINT
HOLD YOUR FINGER ON THE SIMPLE MOBILE YOU JUST ADDED
A drop down menu will appear - Choose EDIT APN

INTERNET SETTINGS
Access point name - simple (all lower case!)
username - leave blank
password - leave blank
proxy port - leave blank (try 80 if you have to put in a number but best to leave it blank)
Proxy address - leave blank (put in one dot (.) if you have to but remove it later after saving
Network type - should be IPv4 and should be in there already
authentication type - none

MMS APN
mms apn - simple (all lower case)
username - blank
password - blank
proxy address - blank
proxy port - blank
mmsc address - http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
network type - ipv4
authentication type - none

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
thanks for providing this. I assume this is month to month right?

I am thinking of moving my line over to T-mobile either this month or next month as it would be $76 per month for my wife and I with company discount.

Ana Munoz

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks. I hope this works. I already have Simple Mobile and my uncle is getting me the T-Mobile Pre-Paid Nokia Lumia 521 4G Smartphone, so do you think it'll still work since its a pre-paid? I understand I have to get the smaller Sim card for this phone.

Lauren Pineda

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
How do you set up the internet setting on the 521 with simple mobile. I want to create a hotspot but have no idea how to make it work. Thanks for any help

BBerryPowerUser

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry so late in responding, but I have not been on this site for months.

Simple Mobile is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) of T-Mobile so NO, you do NOT have to UNLOCK your 521 to use on Simple Mobile, because it is PART of the T-MOBILE NETWORK Already. Just put in a Simple Mobile Sim and it works, EXCEPT for the MMS. You have to follow my setting changes posted in the first post of this thread. Those setting will not push automatically from Simple Mobile.

Yes, the 521 takes the small Micro SIM, not a regular SIM.

Simple Mobile does not allow Personal Hotspots. Some say they are able to set this up, but I must warn you that doing so may get you a warning or a termination from Simple Mobile. It's not worth the risk.

As a Bonus for X BlackBerry users;
Simple Mobile is the only Prepay Carrier that I know of that gives you free BlackBerry BIS Service. So once in a while I pop my sim into my old BBerry and enjoy free Blackberry. You have to call Simple and give them your BlackBerry EIN number for them to enable this feather but it's free. No additional charge. A Micro Sim will work in a full size sim BlackBerry because of the way the card holder is set up. You just put it in so it's centered and it works. Then you can move it back to your Nokia Windows Phone any time no issues.

However, after using the Nokia for a year, I have no wish to go back to BlackBerry. I love Windows Phone 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3