New odd issue

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
So my 2520 has been working much better, but I have an odd problem.

When I have the mail app open, my tablet will go back to my home screen like I'm tapping the start button. I can't stay in mail. It doesn't crash because it goes into the multitasking queue. its the only app I have seen this with.

Anyone else see this?

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen it specifically with Mail, but I have had that problem with Bing News. In short, it *is* crashing. You can pull up event viewer and see the error message. It's under Applications and Service Logs --> Microsoft --> Windows --> AppHost.

Knowing the error is one thing, but fixing it is another. Some apps are signed (and Mail will surely be one of the signed ones) - so while you can't fix it, you may be able to see what's going on and post up to the Microsoft communities.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Oddly enough, it never crossed my mind that this set of apps were re-installable. That did the job, thanks for the help!

Same thing happened to me with the Nokia Camera app. It kept crashing. I even did a refresh and it didn't fix the issue. Then it hit me! I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and presto! problem solved.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had to uninstall and re-install almost every app that came with the tablet.. pretty sad, but at least they work now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon