How to unlock AT&T Nokia Lumia 2520

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Filed a complaint with the BBB on the March 18th, complaint was processed on March 24th and AT&T contacted me the next day. I faxed them a copy of the receipt and 2 hours later I received a phone call with the 8 digit unlock code.

Good luck to everybody else that's in the same situation.

I did the exact same thing a couple of months ago with my first 1520. Glad it worked for you too.

gsx95

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried with no luck to unlock my ATT device today. By the way mine is not a carrier subsidized device, paid the full amount at the MS store. Each time I try to unlock at the ATT.Com/deviceunlock, I get the same error indicating the device cannot be unlocked. So going the BBB route, see if I have the same luck as the gentleman above.

DonSpidy

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Daniel, can you help me with my BBB I Paid full Price for mine on AT&T, but I has not "Cell Phone number in dispute" because I didn't take any number from them. Hope you can help me. Or would be great if you can help me with this. I have my Ticket. Do you have Skype?

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel_15

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Daniel, can you help me with my BBB I Paid full Price for mine on AT&T, but I has not "Cell Phone number in dispute" because I didn't take any number from them. Hope you can help me. Or would be great if you can help me with this. I have my Ticket. Do you have Skype?

I had a AT&T 30-day data pass that I used on an iPad from when I traveled to US. I just used the phone number of that account.

You can probably subscribe here: https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/ (ICCID is the card serial number on the AT&T SIM card) and use that number. I actually had my account active for more than 60 days because of the requirements that were posted on the AT&T unlock webpage but even then I was not give the unlock code.

Last edited by a moderator:

DonSpidy

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello Daniel, Thank you for the Reply, let me understand you, you haven't received your unlock code yet? even when you sent the fax with BBB form?

Daniel Can you Add on Skype or Facebook, Would be great to chat and get a live help.

Daniel_15

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello Daniel, Thank you for the Reply, let me understand you, you haven't received your unlock code yet? even when you sent the fax with BBB form?

Daniel Can you Add on Skype or Facebook, Would be great to chat and get a live help.

I _have_ received the unlock code, but only through the BBB process. However, in the past I tried several routes, including having a iPad data plan with AT&T. When I filed the BBB complaint, I used the number that was associated with the iPad account.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that have unlocked it and are using it on T-Mobile, How is it going with it? Do you get LTE speeds and are the connections pretty reliable?

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, it took me 3 tries trying to talk to Live Chat on ATT until I actually spoke to a Lead (it said Lead by her name) and she was able to provide me with the unlock code. For some reason in AT&T's system it says Lumia 2020 and of course it does not provide an unlock code since it is the wrong device. I even had one person keep telling me that my device was not a 2520, but a 2020. It was unreal. Trying to do it on the online link from AT&T doesn't work, and even a request submitted to the team, didn't work, saying my device "was not supported by AT&T any longer".

The connection seems more reliable than my AT&T one since the LTE seems to stall out at times. However, I believe the tablet is accessing the network on T-Mobiles refarmed 1900MHz frequency, so coverage can be determined from their website.

I finally got my device unlocked, and with T-Mobile I seem to be getting HSPA speeds (it does not say LTE). I am kind of curious if I can force it to LTE (I know the MyAT&T app you can select your speeds) but since it will be on T-Mobile, the app does not work and I can't select my speed. SpeedTest showed though that the T-Mobile HSPA was faster than my "LTE" connection (at least in my area).

melmalb

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
HI,
I have an unlock code from AT&T for my 2520, but i have been on chat with them all day! trying to figure out how to access a prompt to enter the code. The foreign SIM is acknowledged, but i can't get the tablet to use broadband. It is still locked. ATT has no idea how to help, they have made me reset, etc all to no avail and a time suck.
How did you find the place to enter the unlock code??
(I am out of the country for a while and can't call them)

thanks!!

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
ATT's website says my Imei isn't available to unlock even though I'm a new tablet customer like the op did, and I'm a previous wireless user. Any ideas on what I should do?
update: So I went through a whole process, and att says there isn't an unlock code available. should I try and contact nokia?

Last edited:

ultrariver

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone

I got a AT&T Lumia 2520 from ebay and I was confident to unlock it with Cellunolocker.net. However they refunded my money.
I am based in Mexico and I am not a ATT customer to ask for the device to be unlocked. Do you think I should try with them anyway? Or could a mercy soul in this forum based in the US help me and ask for the unlock code?

Many thanks.

cgavula

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I spent the past few days fighting with AT&T about mine. First they said it wasn't locked, then they admitted it was and put in a request but when it came back it was approved but there was no code and they said I had a Lumia 520. I corrected them and said it was a 2520 and I was told it couldn't be unlocked despite the fact that I met all the criteria for unlocking (including providing a copy of the sales receipt). I showed them this thread and they acknowledged it including the fact that some people had to file complaints with the BBB to get it done but the agent still couldn't do it. I may end up filing a BBB complaint just to get this done. This process has been completely ridiculous.

turbojewk

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok, the unlock process is all online at this point. You put in your current/previous AT&T account phone number, IMEI etc... (Remember that it has to be the account holders phone number) The weird thing about this unlock is that it will appear to follow the standard process with ONE EXCEPTION. You will get the standard approval/denial email response from them but upon approval the actual unlock code is not sent. It is essentially lost in space. They will have complete record of the request etc but you HAVE TO CALL. Provide them with the unlock code request number you were emailed and they can look up the unlock code that was supposed to have been sent in the approval email. It may take 20-30 minutes for them to track down the code but they do have it. I hope this helps everyone.

cgavula

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I failed at this at the end of April, but I just tried again and I was successful, but never received the code. I had to call in and it took them about 20-30 minutes to find it but I eventually received the code and now have my device unlocked.

pducharme1

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought a used 2520 AT&T from amazon. I'm in canada so i put my rogers sim... When going in AT&T app all access,i dont have any place to enter a unlock code. There is no such thing as a unlock button.

Do i have to create a AT&T account first ?

pducharme1

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, it doesn't seem to have a lot of activities on that thread...

I still trying to know a real working procedure for when not an AT&T customer and even not in the US (but can provide a PO Box).

willduval

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I managed to get my 2520 unlocked today using their twitter account ATTCares. I am a UK resident who bought a 2520 in Boston. My friend used his existing AT&T account to buy a $5 24hr pass, and after 90 days we tried the unlock procedure. It accepted the details but then said it wasn't eligible for an unlock. We tried again but is then claimed the info didn't match.

I tweeted these guys the problem, they asked me to DM the details and came back with an unlock code within an hour or so and I know have an unlocked 2520. Kudos to their twitter guys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes