Occasional popping noises when dialing

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I bought the 521 a week ago, and I think there's an issue with the dialer, specifically, the dial tones the phone makes when you tap a number. When I tap a number on the dialer, the speaker occasionally emits a harsh popping/crackling sound. This doesn't happen after every tap. If I enter a long continuous string of numbers, I'd say the popping noise occurs after every three to six numbers. Everything else works fine. The ringer, notifications, music, etc. do not exhibit this problem. It only seems to happen with the dialer. It happens through earphones too.

I went to two different Microsoft stores and played with the 521s on display, and it happened on those phones as well.

Does this happen with your phones too? If so, did you fix it? I can't seem to find any information/posts regarding this problem, and it's making me wonder if mine and the ones I played with were from a bad batch or something. I'm really hoping it's a software glitch that GDR3 fixes (whenever T-mobile gets around to rolling it out).

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral!

I have noticed this on my 800 too, and my guess is that you hear when the speaker gets activated, but it's only a guess :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes