Screen flicker (not due to auto brightness)

wpmojo

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Today I noticed a strange thing in my Lumia 625. I unlocked the phone and the screen started flickering. Now I have auto-brightness on and I know how screen flickers in that case. This was not the same. You know how sometimes our TVs get a lot of distortion or noise when reception is not good? It was exactly like that. All the keys and functions were alright but screen kept behaving weird till I switched my phone off completely. When I switched it back on, the problem was gone.

Any idea what might've caused this?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Today I noticed a strange thing in my Lumia 625. I unlocked the phone and the screen started flickering. Now I have auto-brightness on and I know how screen flickers in that case. This was not the same. You know how sometimes our TVs get a lot of distortion or noise when reception is not good? It was exactly like that. All the keys and functions were alright but screen kept behaving weird till I switched my phone off completely. When I switched it back on, the problem was gone.

Any idea what might've caused this?

I know that if I have sunlight readability enabled on my 1020, I usually have auto-brightness on (dunno if that affects it) and I use glance screen, rarely the display will look all inverted and flickery and stuff like what you have described. What I've found out is that this is just a case of the phone sometimes forgetting to switch from the low-power display mode used for Glance Screen back to full power again. Does the flickering going away if you lock/unlock the phone afterwards?

wpmojo

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
The screen kept on flickering so I had to power off the phone. It happened the first time and has not happened since then. I'm just curious as to what possibly could be wrong!

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a flickering screen too. Mind telling me what is glance? Where can i see this setting? Thanks

Glance is the low-power screen that pops on when you lock the phone, however you may have glance disabled by default. It's in settings > system and down the bottom under glance

cuek80

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I use lumia 625. No glance setting. Is this feature available on lumia black?
Anyway, i found out that the flickering only happens on a low light environment with auto brightness on, if I disable auto brightness, the flickering is gone.
Hope this help. I LL search more about glance on 625 :)

Thanks for the explanation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon