Problems with device system file storage

mfrljak

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
It is the worst OS ever.. It doesn't matter how fast and beautiful it is, because this filling memory up with no reason makes it unusable. "Empty temp files" button not working, just animation. Uninstaling apps really not an option, c'mon. After hard reset and instalation of few apps 300 MB of free space left, which is enough for using phone. I'm not trying or want any new apps, just this few, but after 2 months of usage there is no more space left, not enough for take picture or even make a phone call. 0.00 bytes! Not only temp folder is filling, but the system has grown from 2.15 gb after hard reset to 2.26 gb now. Got this HTC 8s (gdr3) year and half ago and am tired of performing hard reset every 2 months, emptying ie cash doesn't help, niether do storage cleaners. Going back to android is only thing left, but I don't want that either.

P.s. Some of You with wp 8.1, what is system folder size? Will 4 gb be enough for upgrade or should i "fix" it with hammer :/

Is there any other solution left?
Thanks

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
It is the worst OS ever.. It doesn't matter how fast and beautiful it is, because this filling memory up with no reason makes it unusable. "Empty temp files" button not working, just animation. Uninstaling apps really not an option, c'mon. After hard reset and instalation of few apps 300 MB of free space left, which is enough for using phone. I'm not trying or want any new apps, just this few, but after 2 months of usage there is no more space left, not enough for take picture or even make a phone call. 0.00 bytes! Not only temp folder is filling, but the system has grown from 2.15 gb after hard reset to 2.26 gb now. Got this HTC 8s (gdr3) year and half ago and am tired of performing hard reset every 2 months, emptying ie cash doesn't help, niether do storage cleaners. Going back to android is only thing left, but I don't want that either.

P.s. Some of You with wp 8.1, what is system folder size? Will 4 gb be enough for upgrade or should i "fix" it with hammer :/

Is there any other solution left?
Thanks

I don't have an HTC myself (I own a 1020) but if HTC does a software tool that allows you to flash a new copy of the OS you should look into that, the 'system' allocation on my device is 1.9GB. Secondly, 4GB on any phone (Android, even iPhones come with 8GB for a reason) is not enough as the OS and system files will take up most of that - all of the default, unremovable software on an S4 equals to about 6GB or something. The 8S is aimed at the low-end market, and really you should be lucky you (most likely) got it for such a cheap price as similar android devices are laggy at the same price. At this price you're expected to get a micro-sd card for expansion (pretty sure the 8S has a micro sd slot); as that's what they reduced (the storage) to get the price down lower. Just buy a micro sd card, they aren't expensive.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
WP8.1 will also allow for app install on SD as well. So, here in a week or so, soon as its released my MS, do it. Use the Developer Preview method and you wont have to wait for carrier support. Looking forward to it on my 8X

mfrljak

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried to find that tool but unsuccessfull so far. . That method will be helpfull for sure.
Android, on the other side, has posibility to empty cash from all apps. We can do that in some apps (ie explorer etc), but in my case there are just a few mb-s. And yes, I have sd card in phone but as you should know it is just for music and pictures (or maps for you with Nokia) for now, which wasn't problem at all. Biggest problem I think is that "temp files" allocation which cannot be deleted completely (yes, OS does that automaticly from time to time, but not all) and it is just getting bigger till hard reset. Hope this will be changed in wp 8.1, if not they should at least rename it to "permanent files".

Now the question is will 4 GB be enough space to install wp 8.1? There were some speculations that "system" contains 4,7 GB or so. Guess i just have to wait few more weaks..

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
FYI, my System is 3.23gb on one of my 8Xs 2.28gb on another. When I first looked, they both said 1.92gb until it finished working and updated the number... Hmmm.

Himanshu Gupta4

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Do this and your temporary files will be gone.

goto settings>>swipe left>>clear the internet explorer history and search history.
now change the date in settings to any future year like 2030 or above..
now leave your device for at least 20 minutes. after 20 minutes goto settings>>storage check>>swipe left and voila you temp files are less than 50mb.

solution presented you by...
Nokia Lumia Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nokialumias/

mfrljak

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, tried this tip before few times, but nothing happened, just need to reopen all apps again and sync accounts manualy, because they have stoped working in the background.. Now tried this again, and from second attempt, when i change day, month and year it worked. After only few minutes temp files are gone, 5 MB left. Thanks :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes