Returning back to my faithful 822

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone.
Once more I find myself drawn back to the adorable little white lumia in my dresser. As much as I enjoy android's freebies (like the tether feature), I've always found windows phone user interface and nokia's build quality rather charming. There is one thing that I will miss though, and that is the google play news stand.

Can anyone suggest a comparable alternative on windows phone for a newsfeed? I appreciate it!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't use news apps on my phone, but I just checked the Windows Phone Store for you and see a few choices. There's NBC News, Fox News (though I would never recommend that one), CNN News, USA Today, ABC News, NYTimes and One News Reader, which offers a few news sources within a single app. Hope that helps! :smile:

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I have my daughter using internet sharing from her 822 to run her laptop in her apartment.
I use Weave and Fuse for my news on my 822.
My wife has an 8x. We share unlimited calls, texts and 4g data.
It's all working fine.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't use news apps on my phone, but I just checked the Windows Phone Store for you and see a few choices. There's NBC News, Fox News (though I would never recommend that one), CNN News, USA Today, ABC News, NYTimes and One News Reader, which offers a few news sources within a single app. Hope that helps! :smile:

Ha ha....agree with you about FOX News.

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll give Zinio a look to see if it'll suite my needs. Thanks for the advice everyone!

It's really a shame Windows Phone never really caught on. It's a charming OS that doesn't have the bloat or ads-in-your-face like android. ;_;

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll give Zinio a look to see if it'll suite my needs. Thanks for the advice everyone!

It's really a shame Windows Phone never really caught on. It's a charming OS that doesn't have the bloat or ads-in-your-face like android. ;_;

I think a better way to say it would be that Windows Phone hasn't caught on yet.

Tansen

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone.
Once more I find myself drawn back to the adorable little white lumia in my dresser. As much as I enjoy android's freebies (like the tether feature), I've always found windows phone user interface and nokia's build quality rather charming. There is one thing that I will miss though, and that is the google play news stand.

Can anyone suggest a comparable alternative on windows phone for a newsfeed? I appreciate it!

The Bing News app is very good, and it can pull from ALOT of different sources.

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
hi! i was in same 'situation' a few months ago and resumed to just two of them - Phonly and Nextgen Reader :) tried them 2 or 3 days and remained with Nextgen , i like the simplier user interface ,nice live tiles,lots of options on fonts,readability,organizing feeds etc., for me,the most important is the fact that it syncs very nice with Feedly,and when you add new RSS to desktop/laptop it's getting organized in the phone too(i use Windows 7 on my desktop,and if you use W8 ,you can buy the app,and pay just once) .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3