Unable to revert back to wp 8

Aditya Khandkar

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I use a Lumia 625 and I also developers preview. I tried to revert back to wp8, using Nokia recovery tool, in order to get cyan update, but it failed. It gives message " installation failed" . What should i do too get cyan update?

devid patel

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Go to nearer nokia service centar they will do it for free. You will get lumia amber dont worry update it to black then cyan. I have done this from nokia service centar & my phone still in warrenty.i am from surat,gujarat,india.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You wont get the update now as MS has paused the rollout to those with DP. So wait for a few more days.. We r also waiting.. ��

Not entirely true. You can use Nokia's tool to revert back to Windows Phone 8.0, which effectively removes DP, allowing you to update to the consumer version of WP8.1 (if it's available for your carrier/region/handset. I went through this process earlier in the week so I now have Cyan and the "official" 8.1

Neelim Shyam

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Not entirely true. You can use Nokia's tool to revert back to Windows Phone 8.0, which effectively removes DP, allowing you to update to the consumer version of WP8.1 (if it's available for your carrier/region/handset. I went through this process earlier in the week so I now have Cyan and the "official" 8.1

Yeah.. That is right.. But he failed to do so.. Installation failed'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix