822 Denim..Huh???

casteld73

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully someone can shed some light n this one.
I have a VZW 822. With release of 8.1 I installed the Developer Preview App. Got all the updates. No problems everything running great. Decided was going to hold out with 822 until there are some new phones [830] in America.

Last week I dropped the phone. Did not have any major physical damage but after about an hour or so I realized the speaker broke. THe earpiecve worked but now no ringer or speaker phone.

Played around with it for a while. Finally out of desperation [not really ready for a new phone]....I went to about and chose reset phone. I thought this would put me back to Black.

Anyhow, now when I go to extras/info- It reports Denim as my OS. Prior to erasing my pone it used to say Cyan.

Anyone else experienced this? I am surprised the firmware reports Denim. I thought the Firmware and version of the OS were mutually exclusive- So I could have 8.1 on Black lets say.

I guess to get future updates I would need to reinstall the DP?

casteld73

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
OK but I am surprised to have cortana and swipe. I figured I'd be back to "Bare Metal" with the reset. I guess I would have needed the app that everyone was using to go from DP to the "oem release of cyan"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes