The Official Windows Phone Central app for Windows 8.1 is now available

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
WPCentral_Win8_lede_logo.jpg

Today I?m experiencing the wide variety of emotions that comes with launching a new app into any store. I?m thrilled that we?re finally able to share it with you, exhausted from all the time spent getting the underlying code functional and incredibly nervous about how it will be received and whether there will be any major bugs!
So with all of that in mind I?m very proud to present to you the official Windows Phone Central app for Windows 8.1, version 1.0 of hopefully many! Windows*store apps can take up to*24 hours to show up in search results but*you can find*our app*ready to download right now right here! If you want to go and grab it then come back and read this article please do, but I?ve got a lot to share with you so make sure you come back!

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The app isn't working for me. "network error - there was a problem retrieving 4 of the news feeds". the search function works and ads are displayed. :-(

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Awesome job. Works great on my PC. Full support for my mouse buttons such as forward and back. Very fluid and well presented. Can't wait to see how this app develops over time.

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
every time I load the app I get this error: "network error - there was a problem retrieving 5 of the news feeds", I know it's not my internet since it works fine with all the other installed apps.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Downloaded and like it a lot. Have one question? How do I open the Forums. I can't find anyway to go from the opening screen to the forums; my favorite place on the site.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded and like it a lot. Have one question? How do I open the Forums. I can't find anyway to go from the opening screen to the forums; my favorite place on the site.

Forums haven't been added to app yet. Jay says they're coming possibly in the first update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Just installed it on my non-touch 8.1 PC and it works fine. I'm looking forward to being able to log in and access the forums the way the WP8 app does.

Good job- Thanks!

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Just installed it on my non-touch 8.1 PC and it works fine. I'm looking forward to being able to log in and access the forums the way the WP8 app does.

Good job- Thanks!

You can log in and post comments regarding the articles, but not the forums yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes