Chime in: Have you had Surface Pen accuracy issues?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
surface-pen-hero.jpg

Microsoft's Surface Pen, while stunning to look at, may have some faults.
Microsoft released the Surface Pen alongside its tablet lineup of portable PCs to allow owners to draw and sketch on-screen without having to use third-party options. The stylus itself is pretty good, with the latest generation being more pressure sensitive with lower latency, which means it's more responsive, in theory, than the previous Surface Pen. But what isn't so good are the numerous reports of it being slightly inaccurate when the hand is resting on the screen.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Chris_NH

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
YES YES YES. I have made many posts on the thread related to 2017 Surface Pro Pen Inaccuracy on the MS Community Forum. I've tried to help others by explaining what I do to get around this really frustrating problem. Use a digital artist glove designed to improve palm rejection and the 2H tip. Or if you are willing to give up tilt support use an N-trig pen from another vendor such as the Bamboo pen, or use your old Surface Pro 4 pen. You guys at Windows Central NEED to do a full-blown article on this. Why has MS not acknowledged this defect in their otherwise fantastic 2017 Surface Pro and Pen? Is it fixed in the new Go model, which would really make me unhappy if it means they plan to leave us 2017 Surface Pro inkers without a fix forever. Please look into this issue.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes