Use the Snipping Tool to take screenshots in Windows 11

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
windows-11-snipping-tool-2021.jpg

Do you need to capture anything on your screen? Use the Snipping Tool in Windows 11. Here's how.
Windows had the ability to take screenshots for a long time with the Snipping Tool, but Windows 11 replaces the classic Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps with a new version that combines the best features from these apps with an updated interface.
The new app lets you take various types of screenshots, select a rectangle or use the free mode, or quickly capture a window or the entire screen. The second part of the experience is the new editor that lets you crop, annotate, and save or share the screenshot.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

loisjs316

Sep 20, 2023
Visit site
As far as I am concerned, Microsoft has completely ruined the Snipping Tool for what I do most with it. I want to be able to capture a small "snip" from some area of one of my three extended desktop screens, but the new tool only selects a portion of each screen, leaving much of the area outside of where I need to snip. I don't see any way to force it to allow me to snip anywhere on any of the screens. I can take a print screen of a window or the full desktop, but I could do that before using the keyboard. This is very frustrating, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to capture what I need any more without having to take time to crop a larger screen capture than what I need. 5 thumbs down.

Annie_M

Jan 31, 2019
Visit site
We're still on a Windows 10 here at work, and I love the snipping tool as it is. Reading this article and subsequent posts fills me with trepidation about the changes in store for me. :cautious:

Reactions: loisjs316

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes