Samsung ATIV SE coming later this month with a 5-inch display, without Windows Phone 8.1

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Samsung_ATIV_SE_0.png

We're looking forward to a handful of new devices this month. Nokia should have two - the Lumia 630 and the Lumia 930. Samsung is the other OEM expecting to put out a new Windows Phone handset. That's the ATIV SE and is one we've been watching for sometime. However, the specs of the phone have remained somewhat elusive. That changes today.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
April 18th release date. A lot of rumors are starting to come in saying we won't see Windows 8.1 until either the end of April, or the middle of May which may be why this doesn't have it. If that's the case expect the new Lumia's not to be running in unless they don't drop until the end of April.

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
So, it doesn't ship with 8.1? Honestly, I mean this with no sarcasm, what 's the big deal? Is this one of those "if it doesn't have a physical camera button" things? Some inside Nokia/WP thing? I, for one, am happy with having choices. And, quite honestly, I am a bit underwhelmed with the Icon. I am planning on ordering this when it drops to try it out, but I had an S4, I liked my S4, and I like an SD card and removable battery. Look, guys, with 5% of the market share, we can't be Apple snobs or Android fanboys. We need every damn handset we can get, so someday, praise be, we get real app support and are seem as a legitimate OS...

Take this for what it's worth, from a n00b...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes