Windows Phone 8.1 picks up first update, improves battery life and squashes bugs

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Do you use cortana? If you do, do you think it's because cortana requires location to be on constantly?
I use Cortana rarely and the location is turned on only when I'm using it...
So I'm not sure why the battery is so terrible :/
I had to charge my phone twice yesterday, which never ever happened!

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Over the past week my battery is getting worse and battery sense says ie is using the most battery. Today I was using Netflix and I had over half battery lift and in 55min the battery was dead. I find it very speratic. I would turn off the phone and when I turn it back on it would say I have more battery then before I turned it off. Hopefully when the official release comes it will fix the battery.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the battery saver app on yesterday and was off the charger for a full 10 hours and had 55% left when I got home with minimal to moderate use

Sent from my all seeing 1020

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
WiFi problems:

When near to known wifi networks the wifi button on the action center shows the text "AVAILABLE" but it doesn't connects until some minutes have passed (or when you enter to the wifi settings), this didn't use to happen on the previous 8.1 release.

And I noticed that my calendar tile stopped working, it displays only the calendar icon, this happened after resizing the tile from medium to big.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes