08-08-2014 05:40 PM
55 123
tools
    I had downgraded almost 2 weeks ago, but this AM reinstalled 8.1DP. Just tired of waiting and in spite of myself checking phone update every 3-4 hours.

Now my phone is cranking along nicely; when AT&T does release Cyan for the 1020, maybe I'll downgrade; maybe I'll wait - but at least I'm not letting the issue run what's left of my brain anymore..
    Why did you downgrade when the update was not yet available? CHeck Nokia's availability page and the forums. Downgrade only when it is available.
    palmujukka likes this.
    07-31-2014 10:59 AM
    oh well u get that on the big jobs, I guess I'm downgrading too then but I swear if they keep pulling **** like this i'm outtie :/
    What **** are they pulling? They discovered in issue in the BETA you were using. An issue that is only affecting a handful of users. If you wanted an OS without bugs (not to mention that no such thing even exists), without hiccups or anything, you shouldn't have participated. Well, you obviously were as impatient as many others, so you gotta deal with it. ;)
    07-31-2014 11:00 AM
    What **** are they pulling? They discovered in issue in the BETA you were using. An issue that is only affecting a handful of users. If you wanted an OS without bugs (not to mention that no such thing even exists), without hiccups or anything, you shouldn't have participated. Well, you obviously were as impatient as many others, so you gotta deal with it. ;)

Its not the issue that caused it that's bothering me and believe me being a practicing Buddhist I have plenty of patience, it's the complete silence that's f#cking me off. Yeah Joe tweeted that the GDR1 is ready but he couldn't have been any more vague!!!
    07-31-2014 11:06 AM
    Its not the issue that caused it that's bothering me and believe me being a practicing Buddhist I have plenty of patience, it's the complete silence that's f#cking me off. Yeah Joe tweeted that the GDR1 is ready but he couldn't have been any more vague!!!
    He was pretty clear. Everyone on the DP, with or without Cyan will get to GDR 1.
    07-31-2014 11:11 AM

Even though I agree with you about the silence, what else is a company supposed to do? If they promise to deliver on a specific date and can't keep that promise due to whatever issues, users would be pissed too. There's no way they could please everyone.
    07-31-2014 11:17 AM
    He was pretty clear. Everyone on the DP, with or without Cyan will get to GDR 1.

Yeah I know that bro but what he failed to mention was whether there is a fix for the current issue or will we all either have to wait or downgrade. I just downloaded the drivers so I may as well downgrade n end this charade lol
    07-31-2014 11:23 AM
    Sounds to me like none of us are really sure what happens in the following situation:

Verizon
    ICON
    Presently on 8.0
    Verizon has not released Cyan or 8.1 as yet
    GDR1 won't do us any good if we don't have 8.1 already loaded.
    Cyan & 8.1 from Verizon is a combined download whenever they release it.
    Then we can get the GDR1 update.

Does this sound about right?
    I haven't seen anything that says you can directly update to Cyan from Dev 8.1 because of the bittorrent problem, even if you don't have bit torrent loaded on your phone.

Is that statement correct?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    07-31-2014 11:42 AM
    Sounds to me like none of us are really sure what happens in the following situation:

Verizon
    ICON
    Presently on 8.0
    Verizon has not released Cyan or 8.1 as yet
    GDR1 won't do us any good if we don't have 8.1 already loaded.
    Cyan & 8.1 from Verizon is a combined download whenever they release it.
    Then we can get the GDR1 update.

Does this sound about right?
    I haven't seen anything that says you can directly update to Cyan from Dev 8.1 because of the bittorrent problem, even if you don't have bit torrent loaded on your phone.

Is that statement correct?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    It's bitlocker, not bittorrent.

You can install developer preview and go to 8.1 now and 8.1 GDR 1 next week. The only thing you are missing this way is Bluetooth 4.0. Eventually MS might release a fix and you will get cyan directly from 8.1.
    07-31-2014 11:50 AM
    Yeah I know that bro but what he failed to mention was whether there is a fix for the current issue or will we all either have to wait or downgrade. I just downloaded the drivers so I may as well downgrade n end this charade lol
    Well, the only information from Microsoft regarding this issue is that whoever is on 8.1 DP should downgrade to 8.0 and then get CYAN. They have never mentioned that there would be a fix for this; everyone assumes there will be. If CYAN is already out for your phone, I say downgrade and then get CYAN. Then get DP and get GDR 1
    07-31-2014 11:52 AM
    It's bitlocker, not bittorrent.

You can install developer preview and go to 8.1 now and 8.1 GDR 1 next week. The only thing you are missing this way is Bluetooth 4.0. Eventually MS will release a fix and you will get cyan directly from 8.1.

Yeah on second thought I think this is gonna be my plan too as I don't really use Bluetooth all that much. Only for running but a wired headset won't kill me as long as its not too long
    07-31-2014 11:53 AM
    Yeah on second thought I think this is gonna be my plan too as I don't really use Bluetooth all that much. Only for running but a wired headset won't kill me as long as its not too long
    Regular Bluetooth works just fine. Bluetooth 4.0 devices don't work e.g. Nokia treasure tag, fitness bands, smartwatches etc.
    07-31-2014 12:01 PM
    I just reverted back to 8.0 a couple days ago to just get it outta the way. Now do I need to do a hard reset after I reverted back to 8.0 then restore everything? Sorta off topic.
    07-31-2014 12:01 PM
    I just reverted back to 8.0 a couple days ago to just get it outta the way. Now do I need to do a hard reset after I reverted back to 8.0 then restore everything? Sorta off topic.
    You should have seen the restore option after the roll back. If you skipped it, you need a factory reset to see that option again.
    07-31-2014 12:05 PM
    Well, the only information from Microsoft regarding this issue is that whoever is on 8.1 DP should downgrade to 8.0 and then get CYAN. They have never mentioned that there would be a fix for this; everyone assumes there will be. If CYAN is already out for your phone, I say downgrade and then get CYAN. Then get DP and get GDR 1

This is what is annoying. They cant be bothered to fix the current problem yet they are gleefully encouraging people to update again to another preview version but don't bother to mention they'll probably still have to downgrade to get back to an official release path. Poor form, imo.
    07-31-2014 12:16 PM
    bro I went thru all that bull**** with 7.5 so I am well aware of the **** they pull. But like I said they wont distribute Cyan AND GDR1 separately coz it will make them look even stupider than they already do!
    Really
    GDR1 and Cyan together
    That's the worst use of logic ever
    07-31-2014 12:18 PM
    You should have seen the restore option after the roll back. If you skipped it, you need a factory reset to see that option again.
    yeah I restored the last latest.
    07-31-2014 01:13 PM
    Yes .... I am also confused. Can someone clarify if we are getting Cyan update for PD?

I have gone through the entire thread and people are confusing.... please note that Cyan and Update 1 are two different stuffs. I really DO NOT want to downgrade my OS to get Cyan. Nokia/Microsoft please do something and provide clarity
    08-01-2014 04:24 AM
    Yes .... I am also confused. Can someone clarify if we are getting Cyan update for PD?

I have gone through the entire thread and people are confusing.... please note that Cyan and Update 1 are two different stuffs. I really DO NOT want to downgrade my OS to get Cyan. Nokia/Microsoft please do something and provide clarity

The easiest and simplest thing you can do is actually do nothing and wait to be prompted to update. Much less confusing and tiring than trying to figure out who said what and when. I have unregistered my phone from the dev preview and will just wait till they decide to fix the issue.
    08-01-2014 06:38 AM
    Sounds like a bit of a mess.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-01-2014 04:17 PM
    Really
    GDR1 and Cyan together
    That's the worst use of logic ever

Why not? They released 8.1 n Cyan together so why can't they release GDR1 and Cyan together???
    08-01-2014 09:25 PM
    Its says 8.1 update 1, not Cyan. You don't need Cyan to get to 8.1 update 1. I don't understand why anyone would think otherwise.
    Wishful thinking maybe? ;)
    08-03-2014 12:20 AM

They will fix it brother it's just a question of when???
    08-03-2014 03:24 AM
    Thank GOD!
    08-03-2014 08:02 PM
    Agree that GDR1 and Cyan are two different things. Wondering why Cyan update will come for DP users
    08-04-2014 02:44 AM
    If we un-register from DP .... will we loose all the data and apps?
    08-04-2014 02:47 AM
55 123