Anyone experiencing trouble with the WPCentral app live tile updating?

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
For the past couple of days, the WPCentral app on my Lumia 920 has not been updating the live tile when new stories are published. I used to get the new story count on the front of the tile and the latest story on the flip side. Now I don't get that anymore. When I open the app, the flip side of the tile changes to the latest story, so at least it's updating when I open the app. I checked my background settings and the app is allowed to run in the background. I checked the live tile settings in the app, and there was a message about a Network Error. My WiFi and Data are working fine, so not sure what that's about. Anyone else experiencing the same problem? A bug with the app perhaps? If this persists, I may try uninstalling and re-installing the app.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had some issues, not with the live tile, but with not being logged in. I toggled airplane mode on/off, and the issues resolved themselves.

I'm not sure about the live tiles, since I use the iconic tile, which just shows the number of new articles. That number is updating for me, and the toast notifications are working.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems fine. Except sometimes, the app's live tile thinks there's 20 unread stories, when I know full well there aren't.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems fine. Except sometimes, the app's live tile thinks there's 20 unread stories, when I know full well there aren't.
Aye that one happens if one of our guys changes the feed by either changing the app's permalink or taking down an article, nothing to be done about it really

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
WP Central live tile not updating

Anyone else having issues with live tile not updating? Tried reinstalling, clearing cache, restarting phone. Etc... Checked background tasks and it is enabled but live tile never updates. I have to open the app to see new articles. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

moirane

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: WP Central live tile not updating

Thanks Jay,

Trying your solution now, I will report back with the results in a bit

Kevin

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
For the past couple of days, the WPCentral app on my Lumia 920 has not been updating the live tile when new stories are published.

I've had the opposite issue unfortunately. My live tile has stopped clearing itself after reading new stories. It takes it awhile to remove the numbers.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've had the opposite issue unfortunately. My live tile has stopped clearing itself after reading new stories. It takes it awhile to remove the numbers.
Hi Adretheon, the tile only clears when the news has been able to load (so when the progress bar at the top of the app fades out). If you want to be sure it's cleared, launch the app and let the news fully load

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes