Live Tile Disabled- Still Flips

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've disabled my WPC app pinned tile but it still flips, which is a little annoying. It's on my HTC 8X running WP8.1 DP with the Show More Tiles setting. It's the medium size tile (square) but when I used the same settings on showing fewer tiles it didn't flip.

I submitted a help message via the app. Has anyone else seen this?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your question.

It does it whenever the start screen is visible. When I'm looking at the start screen the tile flips randomly even though it is only showing the WPC icon on both 'sides.' It's as if it's only partly disabled.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your question.

It does it whenever the start screen is visible. When I'm looking at the start screen the tile flips randomly even though it is only showing the WPC icon on both 'sides.' It's as if it's only partly disabled.

I suggest you look at the wpc app settings, if you look under live tiles its quite clear you have one for a 1 sided app (iconic tile) and the other is the all out tile.

Not quite sure why you never looked in the settings but hope this helps

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I did go to Settings and selected the iconic tile, but since I didn't want a 'live' tile, I disabled the setting. I think the confusion is the setting wording- it should say Start instead of Live, then offer enabling live, just like Windows 8 apps.

Thanks for the feedback.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I think there is a bug. Disabling the live tile then says pin the static tile, but that's the one that flips, even after I selected the iconic (which is what I'd done before).

I'd like a static tile with no notifications (unread articles, etc) that doesn't flip.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It looks like enabling the iconic live tile but not allowing the app to run in the background (Battery Saver) does what I want.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Eric, the flipping is because I couldn't find a way to properly reenable a static tile after we enabled it to flip (MS don't make it easy!). A reinstall will solve your issue and I'm looking at how to make it static again for an update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes