People App: Return of live tile updates for Groups?

joe_s

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
In WP8.1, users could create Groups in the People app, pin the Group to Start, then receive live tile updates any time a contact in the Group sent an email, SMS, VM, tweet, etc. The live tile update feature for Group tiles has not functioned in W10M. The Group tile perpetually scrolls the round contact picture, but no updates related to incoming communications. I've kept a couple Group tiles pinned with fingers crossed for the return of this functionality (unlocked 950XL).

This morning, I now have a live tile update reading "1 new message". Can anyone else confirm this functionality has returned?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
In WP8.1, users could create Groups in the People app, pin the Group to Start, then receive live tile updates any time a contact in the Group sent an email, SMS, VM, tweet, etc. The live tile update feature for Group tiles has not functioned in W10M. The Group tile perpetually scrolls the round contact picture, but no updates related to incoming communications. I've kept a couple Group tiles pinned with fingers crossed for the return of this functionality (unlocked 950XL).

This morning, I now have a live tile update reading "1 new message". Can anyone else confirm this functionality has returned?

are you on insider builds?

joe_s

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
No, this phone is my daily driver and not enrolled in the insider program. It is an unlocked 950XL running 10.0.10586.494.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers