windows hello and the surface pro 3

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the surface pro 3 camera supports facial and / or iris recognition? Obviously theres no fingerprint scanner built into the device

Simacca

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if the surface pro 3 camera supports facial and / or iris recognition? Obviously theres no fingerprint scanner built into the device

Nope. You will have to buy a separate Microsoft webcam that supports the new features. The sp4 will most probably incorporate the new tech.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

walcolm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i can't understand why firmware updates from the OEM cannot beused to get existing cameras to support the Microsoft hello

RefractedPaladin

May 27, 2014
Visit site
It would have been nice if the Hello protocol could have included some of the older tech, I agree. Though, I can understand why you can't make a camera something it's not just through firmware, since I believe it needs to be an infrared or "3d" camera to work.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i can't understand why firmware updates from the OEM cannot beused to get existing cameras to support the Microsoft hello

It's a more comprehensive 3D modeling of the face than normal webcams can accomplish. This prevents a photo of your face passing as an unlock.

Here's the ad-on needed... Buy Intel RealSense Camera - Bing

And the System Requirements: Intel? RealSense? 3D Camera (Front F200) — System Requirements for Intel? RealSense (TM) 3D Camera (Front F200)

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The windows hello camera system uses 3 separate cameras on the bar in tandem to create the composite. Unfortunately no standalone windows hello compatible cams have gone retail as of yet. You CAN purchase one through the intel developer channels if you are lucky enough for them to be in stock though for now I am hearing that they SHOULD be available in the retail channels in time for the Christmas season.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2