Windows Phone 10 Preview

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Question: If your phone isn't activated for cellular use, will the update still come? My 920 is semi-retired. I still use it to browse the net and play games. I'd like to play around with Win10 when its released.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Question: If your phone isn't activated for cellular use, will the update still come? My 920 is semi-retired. I still use it to browse the net and play games. I'd like to play around with Win10 when its released.
Yes. I have several phones without service and they still update without issues.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Dude it isn't released yet and MS will give us more details on Windows 10 for Phone on tomorrow's build event..So stay tuned to 21st January and u will know when the first preview build will be released to existing WP 8.1 devices..
Remaining time - 1 day and 4 hours (exactly) to go :)

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning to try this on my Ativ S before guinea-pigging my new Lumia 830.. I haven't even put the 830 on DP yet because it works perfectly and I don't want the risk of bugs.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've asked Joe, Mary about the Denim update not rolling out to anyone now and somebody else replied saying that it is because there is a bug with the video decoder.... for example with Netflix....

Now, I'm waiting for an answer from Joe or Mary to confirm this.

I'll confirm it for you: My Lumia 830 (Canadian) shipped with Denim, and Netflix 4.0 works perfectly until you try to actually watch content, at which point you get an error message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon