Windows Phone 10 Preview

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is expected to release the Windows 10 for phones preview by the end of January, right after the 21st January event. So no worries 😁
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 PfD WP 8.1 + Cyan using Tapatalk

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
What are we actually expecting in Windows 10? Clearly for desktop/tablet Windows 10 will bring all the recent goodies from Windows Phone but I don't really know what to expect in terms of new to Windows Phone.

A mash up of everything that was in RT added to what's already in Windows Phone 8.1 & lots of new features. So a more advanced home screen (groups, full background images, etc), split screen for multi-tasking, new grouped settings screen, sortable app lists and hopefully new features like actionable fly-out notifications and much much more.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
you people have to understand that the delay of update is not the fault of Microsoft. It's the providers who have to test the firmware before approval and they are the bottleneck.

Phones that are not carrier locked haven't got the update either so no, its not all on the carriers.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
A mash up of everything that was in RT added to what's already in Windows Phone 8.1 & lots of new features. So a more advanced home screen (groups, full background images, etc), split screen for multi-tasking, new grouped settings screen, sortable app lists and hopefully new features like actionable fly-out notifications and much much more.

these things are expected but who knows what we will get !!!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Patrick95

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think it will be useable for my primary phone (1520) from the get go or should I wait? No, fudge this, I can't possibly wait, i..just...can't. Gosh am I excited!!! :D

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Phones that are not carrier locked haven't got the update either so no, its not all on the carriers.

I've asked Joe, Mary about the Denim update not rolling out to anyone now and somebody else replied saying that it is because there is a bug with the video decoder.... for example with Netflix....

Now, I'm waiting for an answer from Joe or Mary to confirm this.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've asked Joe, Mary about the Denim update not rolling out to anyone now and somebody else replied saying that it is because there is a bug with the video decoder.... for example with Netflix....

Now, I'm waiting for an answer from Joe or Mary to confirm this.

It's true about the video decoder. Netflix 4.0 is broken for my Lumia 830 which shipped with Denim. Displays an error message everytime I try to watch something.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there any indication Microsoft will have "windows 10 preview for developers" program with app as they did with 8.1?

Microsoft released a Windows Insider app which probably let's windows 10 testers also install the developer preview of windows 10 mobile on their phones. The app only doesn't work yet. More info on the 21th this month though!

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
That definitely looks like WM on an HTC device. I enjoyed my HTC Mogul on Sprint back in the day :)

Yeah man...I just wanted to post a nostalgic pic today. lol The WM talk made me harken back to my Sprint Mogul, T-Mobile Wing, Sprint Touch, and Touch Pro days!

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah man...I just wanted to post a nostalgic pic today. lol The WM talk made me harken back to my Sprint Mogul, T-Mobile Wing, Sprint Touch, and Touch Pro days!

I never owned a Windows Mobile device, but was considering an HTC Imagio before I ended up getting a BlackBerry Tour

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss